From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -9312 can't seem to cure

The error I get whentryin gto configure Elvis is :Error -9312 occured at ELVIS COMM - Check ELVIS  Connection.vi
The Possible reason given is only a parity error during comminucations... Cycle power and reconfigure software settings.

I've recycled power and reseated cables. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,720 Views)
Hey StillSigmanut,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments support.  There is a KB that suggests that it is cabling, but as you have tried this there a couple other considerations or things to check.

1.  Be sure your cables are good as well as properly connected.  It is possible that you have a bad cable.
2.  Be sure you have specified the proper device in application.  i.e. Dev1, Dev2....
3.  Download install the latest NI-ELVIS driver.
4.  Check to see if this occurs on another PC.  Preferably one that is a different model, and one that is the same model with different processors to determine if this is an architectural problem.

Let me know if you can get any further on this issue.  Also, what kind of computer do you have?  Processor, model, and so on.

Regards,

Message Edited by Kenn N on 03-22-2007 10:44 AM

Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,713 Views)
Hi boy,
 i would to ask you a device for NI elvis:
i have installed NI elvis 2.0.5 and i don't work with it because there is an error 9314 and it ask me to download daq device.
can you help me?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,288 Views)

Hello dreamtheater,

The error you reference is undefined. What this means is that there is no specific error associated with the number you gave.  In order to help troubleshoot your issue, I am going to need some more information:

What is the exact text of the error?  Since the DAQ device is a hardware component, downloading this does not make much sense.  If it is asking you to download the driver for the DAQ device, you can either install DAQmx (the driver) from your Driver CD or off our website here.

Have you used this setup before and are upgrading or is this a new setup?  If it is a new setup, you need to make sure that the drivers are installed and the DAQ hardware is working correctly.  You can test this in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) by selecting your device and opening a test panel.  Resetting the device may also help:

Which DAQ card are you using and what form factor is it? The NI ELVIS product page has the PCI or USB 6251 and the PCMCIA 6062E as options in the NI ELVIS bundle, are you using one of these or another NI DAQ card?

The answers to these questions will give us a better idea of what could be going on, please post back and we will figure out what is going on.

Message Edited by Neal M on 12-11-2007 02:03 PM
Neal M.
Applications Engineering       National Instruments        www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,275 Views)

hi,

two days back i had to dismantle and reassemble the entire ELVIS setup along with the connecting cables. Ever since i've tried to start elvis after reassembling it shows an error message.

iam getting error 9314 which says that specified DAQ device doesn't exist or was removed from the system. and says that please configure the instrument again. i have also tried to configure the system but the name of the required device is missing from the list of DAQ devices.

please suggest a solution at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,265 Views)

the DAQ device PCI 6251 is missing from the NI-DAQmx devices list. plz suggest how to rectify this problem!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,264 Views)

hi,

two days back i had to dismantle and reassemble the entire ELVIS setup along with the connecting cables. Ever since i've tried to start elvis after reassembling it shows an error message.

iam getting error 9314 which says that specified DAQ device doesn't exist or was removed from the system. and says that please configure the instrument again. i have also tried to configure the system but the name of the required device is missing from the list of DAQ devices.

please suggest a solution at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,263 Views)

Hello Barnamala,

After looking over your post, I would need to know more about the ELVIS device. Here are my questions in order to solve this issue:

1.) What PCI card are you using?

2.) Does the PCI card pass self test in MAX?

3.) What version of the ELVIS Driver and DAQmx are you using?

4.) Have you tried to update the ELVIS Driver?

5.) Could you provide a screen shot of the error?

I have found a KnowledgeBase about a similar error that I have attached here. Hopefully this helps you fix it.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,253 Views)

hello jim,

thanks for the promt reply. i will check up the all the mentioned points and post it ASAP.

-------

Barnamala

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,244 Views)