Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200022 occurred at DAQmx Control Task.vi:4

Dear Members

I am getting the above error while I am trying to use FGEN and SCOPE from Elvis II and II+ with the following error description"Measurements: Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task".

Message 1 of 11
(15,103 Views)

Hello,

This error occurs because the resources for those instruments are not being cleared correctly or a task is already running on the requested device(s). To resolve the error, make sure that you are not referencing the same device(s) on separate parts of your code. Additionally you can also try either clearing the task or channel in use by using a DAQmx Reset at the beginning of the code so that the hardware is reset every time the code is run. Another recommendation e.g. if using the FGEN Express VI in a While Loop to continuously control the output is to stop and unreserve the device. A TRUE value must be sent to the Stop input on the final iteration of the While Loop, as shown here.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 11
(15,093 Views)
Thanks Ali it worked!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(15,015 Views)

@jpnombo: Which of Ali's pieces of advice worked for you? Will you please elaborate?

@Ali_M: When you say: "make sure that you are not referencing the same device(s)" How would you define devices? I am using a cDAQ and 4 modules (9485, 9201, 9211, 9263)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(13,296 Views)

Hello ross.wehner

Are you experiencing the same error that jpnombo is experienced? What Ali M means is that if you create a task that has cDAQMod1channel 1 running and attempt to access any other channels on your card then it will give you an error saying that the resource is reserved. I would define devices as your modules. Consider your 9485, 9201, 9211 and 9263 all different devices.

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(13,273 Views)

Hello,

I am really new to Labview.  I have a DAQ set up for a 9205 and 9211 and I am getting the same error.  I have a waveform chart for each for graphing (sorry if I'm not using the terms right).  Would someone be able to explain what my problem is and how to potentially fix it?  Below is my code.  Thank you!!

labview problem.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(12,018 Views)

Without seeing how your DAQ Assistant's are set up, it is difficult to tell exactly what the problem might be. I would start by setting up your voltage and thermocouple channels in 1 DAQ Assistant. 

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(12,003 Views)

I have everything set up correctly, when I run each of the two DAQ's separately (in different programs) they work exactly how I need them to.  However, my problem is merging the two into one program so that I can use the 9211 and 9205 simultaneously. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(11,999 Views)

Can you provide more information on what you are doing in each DAQ assistant? Are both for analog input? 

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(11,982 Views)

Hi,

I have a chassis and NI module which are cDAQ-9171 and NI 9205. (I use Labview 11.0 version)

I try to get two analog input values from different two analog chanels of NI 9205. Unfortunatelly, it is dislayed the same error. (Screenshot is in attachments).

Also, i send my project file in attachments to you for making clear everything.

Thank you in advance for your interest

Best regards,

Serbay Özkan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,178 Views)