Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ElvisMX No Supported Devices - Doesn't see myDAQ

Hi -

I've seen a few of these posts on the forums, but unfortunately none were able to solve my problem. The problem I have is that none of the applications in the ElvisMX Instrument Launcher recognize my myDAQ. They all say, "No supported devices". When I open MAX, however, I see "NI myDAQ" under Devices and Interfaces. I've seen some suggestions to right click on it and choose 'test', but I can't right click on it -- nothing happens.

At this point I've installed and re-installed the software a couple times over and I've disabled all firewalls that I can find (though I'm not really a Windows user, so it's definitely possible I've missed something). I saw another post mentioned a downgrade to Elivs 4.4, which I also tried without success.

Attached is the technical report I generated from MAX if it's helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(13,055 Views)

Hello Zach,

Can you provide information about your windows, software and drivers version? You mentioned a downgrade to ELVISmx 4.4, so I assume you use version 4.5, but you don't mention anything else.

In the mean time, you can try this:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11424/en/

If that doesn't work, provide some more information and I will try to help.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(13,036 Views)

Hi Camilo -

Thanks for replying. Here's all the info from the ni_max_report.html as generated by MAX. Let me know if there's more info somewhere else that needs to be provided. This is also available, along with more info, in the zip file attached to my original post. Thanks again!

MAX Summary

• My System
    • Data Neighborhood
    • Devices and Interfaces
      • Network Devices
      • NI myDAQ
    • Scales
    • Software
      • LabVIEW 2013
        • Control Design and Simulation Module
        • MathScript RT Module
      • LabVIEW Run-Time 2011 SP1 f2
      • LabVIEW Run-Time 2012 SP1 f3
      • LabVIEW Run-Time 2013
      • LabWindows/CVI Run-Time 2013
      • Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.5
      • Measurement Studio for VS2010
        • DotNET
          • Common
          • Common (64-bit)
      • NI ELVISmx 4.5
      • NI I/O Trace 3.1
      • NI PXI Platform Services 3.2.3
      • NI System Configuration 5.5
      • NI-DAQmx ADE Support 9.7.5
      • NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.7.5
      • NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration 9.7.5
      • NI-PAL 2.9.1
      • NI-USI 2.0.1

My System
Operating System Windows 7 Home Edition Service Pack 1 (6.01.7601)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz / Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 / GenuineIntel / 1795 MHz
Memory 3.86 GB of RAM
Disk Space C:\ 357 GB of 420 GB free 
D:\ 21.5 GB of 25.4 GB free 
Q:\ 21.5 GB of 25.4 GB free

Software
NameVersionDescriptionPath
CVI Run-Time 13.0.0.632 The LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine is necessary to run executables or use DLLs you create with LabWindows/CVI, and it must be present on any target computer on which you want to run your executable program. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CVIRTE.DLL
NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.7.5f1 NI-DAQmx Device Driver C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI-DAQmx ADE Support 9.7.5 NI-DAQmx Application Development Environment Support C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration 9.7.5 NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI I/O Trace 3.1.0f0 Monitors National Instruments API calls C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI IO Trace\NI IO Trace.exe
LabVIEW 13.0.0 Graphical Programming for Measurement & Instrumentation C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\labview.exe
Control Design and Simulation Module 13.0.0 Control Design and Simulation Module C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013
MathScript RT Module 13.0.0 MathScript RT Module C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013
LabVIEW Run-Time 2011 SP1 f2 11.0.1 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2011
Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.5.0f0 Use Measurement & Automation Explorer to manage your National Instruments products and services C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX\nimax.exe
Measurement Studio Visual Studio 2010 Support - See individual versions below. National Instruments Measurement Studio Tools for Visual Studio 2010  
DotNET   DotNET Software  
Common 13.0.40.190 Facilitates the exchange of data between the acquisition, analysis, and user interface portions of an application. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll
Common (64-bit) 13.0.40.190 Facilitates the exchange of data between the acquisition, analysis, and user interface portions of an application. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll
NI-USI 2.0.1.5249 NI Universal Storage Interface C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\USI
NI ELVISmx 4.5.0f2 NI ELVISmx C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI ELVISmx
NI PXI Platform Services 3.2.3 Support for NI PXI and PXIe Controllers and Chassis C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\PXI
NI-PAL Software 2.9.1 NI-PAL Library for Windows C:\Windows\SysWOW64
NI System Configuration 5.5.0f0 Discover and configure systems and devices C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nisyscfg.dll
LabVIEW Run-Time 2012 SP1 f3 12.0.1 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012
LabVIEW Run-Time 2013 13.0.0 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2013

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(13,031 Views)

Oh! I will take a look into this next week.

Did you checked the linked article?

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(13,023 Views)

Yep, tried downloading and runing the myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility. When I try and open it, however, I'm greeted with the error message: "Unable to locate the LabVIEW Run- Time Engine. NI myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility requires a version 2009 (or compatible) LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Please contact the vendor of the NI myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility to correct this problem."

I actually tried running this before I posted on the forum, but since it's from 2012, I figured it was dated. But perhaps there really is an issue with the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on my machine?

-Zach 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(13,011 Views)

HI I'm also having the same issue and I get the same error message when using the toubleshooting utilty.

My System

Operating System Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (6.01.7601)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz / Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 / GenuineIntel / 2095 MHz
Memory 3.94 GB of RAM
Disk Space C:\ 92.3 GB of 223 GB free

Software
NameVersionDescriptionPath
CVI Run-Time 13.0.0.647 The LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine is necessary to run executables or use DLLs you create with LabWindows/CVI, and it must be present on any target computer on which you want to run your executable program. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CVIRTE.DLL
NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.8.0f0 NI-DAQmx Device Driver C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI-DAQmx ADE Support 9.8.0 NI-DAQmx Application Development Environment Support C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration 9.8.0 NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ
NI I/O Trace 3.1.1f0 Monitors National Instruments API calls C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI IO Trace\NI IO Trace.exe
LabVIEW Run-Time 2011 SP1 f2 11.0.1 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2011
Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.5.0f0 Use Measurement & Automation Explorer to manage your National Instruments products and services C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX\nimax.exe
Measurement Studio Visual Studio 2010 Support - See individual versions below. National Instruments Measurement Studio Tools for Visual Studio 2010  
DotNET   DotNET Software  
Common 13.0.40.190 Facilitates the exchange of data between the acquisition, analysis, and user interface portions of an application. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll
Common (64-bit) 13.0.40.190 Facilitates the exchange of data between the acquisition, analysis, and user interface portions of an application. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll
NI-USI 2.0.1.5249 NI Universal Storage Interface C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\USI
NI ELVISmx 4.5.0f2 NI ELVISmx C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI ELVISmx
NI PXI Platform Services 3.2.3 Support for NI PXI and PXIe Controllers and Chassis C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\PXI
NI-PAL Software 2.9.1 NI-PAL Library for Windows C:\Windows\SysWOW64
NI System Configuration 5.5.0f0 Discover and configure systems and devices C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nisyscfg.dll
LabVIEW 13.0.0 Graphical Programming for Measurement & Instrumentation C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\labview.exe
Control Design and Simulation Module 13.0.0 Control Design and Simulation Module C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013
MathScript RT Module 13.0.0 MathScript RT Module C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013
LabVIEW Run-Time 2012 SP1 f5 12.0.1 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012
LabVIEW Run-Time 2013 f2 13.0.0 LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2013

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(12,982 Views)

There are several things here.

First, we need to verify the driver is not the problem. To do so, you need to go to the windows device manager and find your device unde "Data Acquisition Devices". If the device is there, there is no driver issue, if the device is elsewhere, the driver is corrupted or wasn't installed properly. If the second case is true, try to repair or reinstall the driver.

Second, if the driver's fine, then maybe MAX's database got corrupt. You can reset MAX's configuration data by simply following this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Remember to unplug your device from the computer BEFORE doing the reset; it won't work if you don't.

Next, if the above steps don't work, verify the NI Device Loader (nidevldu) and NI Configuration Manager services are starting properly. This link should help you do achieve that:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0819391CA91B3EB38625731D00024649

I don't believe the problem is in the run-time engine as you have a later version than required, but if the problem persists after these steps, write back and I will do some research on the matter.

Let me know how it goes.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
Message 7 of 12
(12,974 Views)

a mi no me sale el data neighborhood que puedo hacer 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(12,566 Views)

I would recommend asking this question in NI's Spanish forum located at the link below.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/La-Comunidad-en-Espa%C3%B1ol/ct-p/ESAForum

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(12,551 Views)

Beautiful. The database reset worked for me. We're in business!

myDAQ, Windows 7 Enterprise under Parallels Desktop, MacBook Pro running 10.9.2

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(12,348 Views)