Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELVISmx Instrument Launcher Crashes on startup

When trying to load up the  ELVISmx intrument launcher, the program stops responding. I updated the drivers and the program to the latest version, but still cannot seem to open any instrument. I have searched all over for a solution, but since I dont even know the problem it is difficult. Im using windows 7. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,006 Views)

Hi pabisz,

How long has this behavior been occuring? Has the ELVISmx Instrument Launcher worked for you in the past?

Also, is there an error of any kind or does the program just hang?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,976 Views)

This has been occuring ever since I installed the software. There is no error, the program hangs until windows displays the usual "this program has stopped responding" screen. I am trying to reinstall the software now. As far as i know, there is no error report. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,961 Views)

Were you able to reinstall the software?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,933 Views)

Yes and that didn't fix the problem. Still crashes when i open the instrument launcher or any instrument

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,928 Views)

What exact model of ELVIS device are you using? Also, have you tried repairing or reinstalling the ELVISmx drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,920 Views)

Im using the MyDAQ if thats what you mean. I tried repairing, reinstalling, updating, everything i could to the drivers. Nothing fixed the problem. My friend has the exact same device with the same software and his works fine. We both have windows 7 so I don't know what the problem is. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,909 Views)

This KB may be helpful. It includes a link to a myDAQ troubleshooting utility.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(8,897 Views)

The problem isn't the device, its the program that runs the instruments such as the multimeter. It would be nice if I could run the software and use my device to its full capabilities, however ElvisMX won't let me open the instruments. They should open with or without my MyDAQ plugged into my computer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,891 Views)

If you have LabVIEW installed you may still be able to access your instruments. 

Ways to Access ELVISmx Virtual Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,874 Views)