Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELVIS didn't appear in New targets and devices

Dear Bro,

I am using NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board. Follow the manual, I already installed NI LabVIEW pro 2011, LabVIEW FPGA Module, NI RIO, NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board driver and then, NI ELVISxm software to connect FPGA with my PC (Window XP) by NI ELVIS Mode. The LD-G on FPGA board lights. But when I created a project, at the step "In the Add Targets and Devices on My Computer window, select New targets or device, expand ELVIS, and highlight DE FPGA board" However, I couldn't see the ELVIS appear. I couldn't find the reason. Despite I tried to reinstall all programs but cann't solve this problem. Please give me the favour to overcome this issue.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

Thank you so much

Mina

---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,418 Views)

What is the version of Digital Electronics FPGA Board software(driver) that you get with the board? If it is VER 1.2, then it may not work Download the driver software VER 3.1 from the link:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2166/lang/en.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,405 Views)

Thank you so much,

I passed this step. However, I have another problem when I try to compile the FPGA.vi. This is the screenshot, Plz help me find the way to solve 

Thank you and waiting for you help,

Minhnha

---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,390 Views)
Check the link below. This may help you to solve the problem. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C6ED1D20C9FF80D8625779D00675A2E
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(7,378 Views)

Hello!

I`m using driver software VER 3.1, but have same problem. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,319 Views)

Hello kvadim, 

If version 3.1 is presenting this problem, I would be interested to know what operating system and version of LabVIEW you're using, as the Digital Electronics FPGA Board has some incompatibilities with certain versions that may be causing this problem.

Regards,

-Dave C

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,311 Views)
Hi Kvadim
Can you show me your error screen .lf you had error at compile step please impact compiler worker before.
---Let it works---
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,309 Views)

LabView 2011.

ELVIS II, DE FPGA. Last version of drivers software.

No errors, no message, just Subject.

It is probably connected with presence NI PCI-5640R in my computer.

Sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,296 Views)

Hello kvadim,

Unfortunately, the ELVIS II, DE FPGA Board is not compatible to LabVIEW 2011.  If you look at the driver page you'll notice that the release date for version 3.1 is prior to the release of LabVIEW 2011, and that LV 8.6, 8.6.1, 2009, and 2010 are supported, but 2011 is not.

My apologies for this problem, however, the only way to handle this is to use one of those LabVIEW versions.

Regards,

-Dave C

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,286 Views)

There was an issue with LV 2011 support of any non-RIO FPGA device (which the DEFB is one), this was fixed in 2011sp1, and a download for 2011sp1 support for the DEFB/Spartan 3E is forthcoming, patience please.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,259 Views)