Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development of knowledge-based expert system in labview

Hello all, i would like to know how can i represent knowledge in labview. I would like to develope a knowledge-based expert system, which would control some kind of technological process. How could i represent a knowledge base and inference engine in labview ? I don't really know am i talking clearly, but i hope you understand what i need. I will be using ni elvis ii+ prototyping board, temperature sensor's data, barometer's data and humidity sensor's data to conotrol some "kind" of tech. process. I just don't know how should i start developing the system. Any advices are receivable. Thnx

~Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,996 Views)

Hi Alex,

So I'm a little unclear of exactly what you're trying to do here, and unfortunately we do not have the resrouces to provide users with specific algorithms for each application. My advice would be to study the structure of an inference engine in a C language (I located an open source rules engine at http://clipsrules.sourceforge.net/) and either try to mimic its implementation in LabVIEW or create a wrapper for the relevant C code within LabVIEW. 

Hopefully someone else on the forum may have more insight into this topic.

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,978 Views)

Hello, try looking into fuzzy logic. It is supported by LabVIEW and could be used for your purpose.

Jakub

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,960 Views)

Okay, i'll try something. I got one more question. How can i represent inputs without DAQ Assistant ? Where can i find these things ? I would like to represent separately every AI channel.

~Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,946 Views)

Take a look at this example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25155

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,940 Views)

It says that NI elvis cannot represent more than 1 signal at time. Next question, where can i find things like this ? To represent technological process ? Do i need to download an additional library or something ?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,933 Views)

Hi Alex,

There are many functions built in to LabVIEW as well as several toolkits which can be used for control processes similar to the one you posted. However, you will need to do some research to see if the function/library  already exists for your application. An interface like the one you provided can be programmed from within LabVIEW using basic coding structures.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,898 Views)

Okay, i would like to represent something like this (picture). It is technological process which dry out wood. And i will be using temperature, barometer and humidity sensors here. Barometer for capturing the amount of water in the heater, temperature for camera's, and humidity to control humidity in the camera. The whole process should go automatically. Lets say water is filling untill the needed amount, then it is heated and then sent for heating camera and so on.. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,892 Views)

Hi Alex,

There are many ways to implement this sort of process in LabVIEW. I would recommend starting with a state machine structure to design this system. 

You might consult this example as well for a demonstration of how a state machine can be used to control a process.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,877 Views)

In this vi, i am trying to fill the tank with water, number goes up to 200, then the valve should close, ( don't know how to do that with these loops) after it reached 200 and should have closed, the heater turns on and heats until 20C. After the water is being heated, through next valve it should go down to 0, but it goes up. The main problem, that i don't know how to use the last parameter again for editing. Lets say valve on and then OFF, it doesn't let me to connect it twice.. (Using boolean) I know that i am doing something wrong, but can't find out what. I'm pretty new to labview. Use the Front Panel to see what i am talking about. Thnx in advance for help people!.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,868 Views)