From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS2484 on myrio

hi all

i want to put 10 DS18B20 (digital temp sensor)to my project. i found some example which is a fpga base. but myrio only support 4 sensors because of the fpga cell size.

So i found this DS2484 which can convert 1 wire to i2c but not much info. is there anyone have experience to handle this clip?
does labview & myrio support this clip?

thanks
andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,535 Views)

Hello wcchung33a,

I am not particularly familiar with the DS2484 but I am experienced with LabVIEW and myRIO. However, before making any conclusions, I would like to confirm what you mean by “clip”. In LabVIEW FPGA, CLIP has a very specific meaning as discussed in the article below. Socketed CLIP is only supported by FlexRIO and SOM-9651 hardware while User-Defined CLIP is supported by most FPGA hardware.

Importing External IP Into LabVIEW FPGA

From MaxinIntergrated web site, it seems like the DS2484 is just a circuit which you can insert between the I2C master and 1-wire slaves. Therefore, I do not think you need a Socketed CLIP as discussed in the article above. With the myRIO, you can program the FPGA to perform virtually any task. Establishing communication with the DS2484 may require you to program the myRIO’s FPGA based on the devices specifications.

LabVIEW FPGA and myRIO do not directly support the DS2484 but you may be able to program the FPGA to communicate with it in your application.

Regards, 

J_Bou

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,522 Views)