From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant digital, analog compatability

Hi,

I would like to ask if the DAQ assistant is able to acquire digital and analog inputs from different channels simultaneously. Namely, I am using the myDAQ and ELVIS platform.

Thank you.

Best,

jzchng 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,838 Views)

Hi jzchng,

You can do that by using 2 daq assistants. One acquire analog input while another one acquire digital input.

TuiTui

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,536 Views)

thanks TuiTui!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,532 Views)

hi all,

i have generated pwm pulses in LabVIEW and i am trying to interface the signals to a hardware switch using digital port line0 of NI myDAQ. i am getting an error in the DAQ assistant when i am changing the time setting as continous/N samples. can any one help me solving this problem. i am attaching the files below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,438 Views)

The NI myDAQ digital lines only support 1 Sample On Demand software timing. There is not a hardware sample clock that can be used for the digital lines. When you select N Samples or Continuous Samples in the DAQ Assistant, the task that gets generated tries to set sample clock timing on the device, which isn't allowed for myDAQ, so you see the error.

In order to use the myDAQ in this case, you'll probably need to convert the digital waveform to an array of booleans to be output sequentially using the LabVIEW timing functions to define how often a new point is output. Try using the Digital Waveform to Binary VI. It will return an array of numerics, but I think you should only get two values: 65535 for 1 and 32768 for 0, so it should be easy to convert to a boolean array. Then you output each point individually. Maybe something like below.

daqasstmydaq.png

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,423 Views)

thanks for your information..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,421 Views)