Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Daq or Rio for signal measurement and datalog

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm in a project to create a diagnosis system for a offshore eolic generator.

So i'm going to need to choose a hardware for aquiring and doing basic operations with the signals measured.

The equipment must work without being connected to a PC, write the data in internal memory and then send it throught ethernet.

The CDaq chassis and controller is cheaper than CRio, but would it work without a PC (except of the couse the standalone version that is out of price range)? Is there a way to add memory through USB to a CDaq (for datalog)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pedrogon

Hi,

If the cDAQ Standalone chassis is exceeding your budget, then cRIO is the right/only way to go. The good thing is that they share the actual C-Series modules so connectivity and signal conditioning is the same. Youneedtohavesomeformoflocalintelligence/processingpowertoevenperform the "simple" taskofwritingdatatoaflashdrive.

Here is a webcast that might be of interest to you: Measurements and Condition Monitoring in Offshore Applications

Let me know if you want me to make a connection to your local NI Field Engineer.

Regards
Ingo Foldvari
Area Sales Manager - US West Academic
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,003 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I suspected that i have to go for CRio, but first i would have to make sure that the CDaq (except standalone versions) wouldn't work (it's cheaper and easier to program).

The webcast seems very interesting, thanks for recommending it.

I have already contacted a local (Portugal) National sales engineer and I'm waiting for reply.

Regards,

Pedro Gonçalves

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,992 Views)