Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we upgrade myrio2013 to myrio 2014?

Hi,

I have few questions that

- can MyRio (with Labview 2013) be used with Labview 2014?

- Can we upgrade MyRio 2013 to MyRio 2014?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,069 Views)

If you have a LabVIEW project for myRIO written in LabVIEW 2013, you will be able to open everything in LabVIEW 2014 so long as you have all of the required software.  

As with all upgrades, there is a chance that a few parts of the project will not port well from version to version but upgrading from one year to the next isn't usually a big problem.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,065 Views)

Orginally when I bought my MyRIO I had LabVIEW 2013 installed on my laptop.  On the same laptop I installed LabVIEW 2014.  I also installed the new tool kit for MyRIO 2014.

I created a small application for the myRIO in LabVIEW 2014 and I tried to upLoad the Applications to myRIO.

The upload failed and the error that I got was that I had the wrong software loaded on the MyRIO.

Perhaps I should use Max to remove loaded software from the myRIO?  Which programs should I remove using max?

Is there a better way? 

I do not have too much written in LabVIEW 2013 so if myRIO will only accept application written with LabVIEW 2014 that is fine.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,970 Views)

I don't have myRIO on the desk, but can suggest to check myRIO software in MAX.

I think you will need to update myRIO RT software to 2014.

Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,961 Views)