From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can function generator of ELVIS be used with NI myRIO?

Does anybody know if the ELVIS Function generator and Scope can be used with myRIO? Thanks for any knowledge you can share.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,152 Views)

Hi  Don007

I do not completly understand your question. Are you asking about the Scope and Func Gen applications that allow you to control your ELVIS from the computer? If that is your question, I am afraid the answer would be no. Elvis and myRIO are different platforms and their purpose is different as well.

This could be a good starting point for myRIO:   NI myRIO Project Essentials Guide

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know!

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,131 Views)

Hello;

Thanks you very much for your comments. I am interested to use ELVIS Function generator and scope in myRIO just like it is used in examples of myDAQ.

I am just trying to provide input to my circuit in my bread board from myRIO and measure its Output from myRIO. I thought ELVIS would facilitate that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,127 Views)

Don007

I understand your point. myRIO and myDAQ seem similar and I would also think that the usage of both platforms would have common points.

Since RIO and DAQ are different plataforms and are intended to be used in different types of applications, they run on different drivers. myDAQ, Elvis and plenty of other data acquisition devices share a core, and RIO devices have their own common core as well. In the case of myRIO, you can perform data acquisition and generation through the use of the myRIO Express VIs, please see the next links:

myRIO VIs    http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373925A-01/myrioreference/myrioreference/

Software Required for NI myRIO      http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/     (please see the Express VIs reference)

myRIO Community          https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/products_and_projects/myrio

You can find myRIO examples in LabVIEW and the community. With myRIO you have way more control and capabilities than with myDAQ or Elvis, including stand alone applications, RealTime and FPGA capabilities; but the software involved is different.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,107 Views)

Hi WenR;

Again thanks for your comments. To be honest, me and my students are very frusted with NI myRIO. We spending 90 to

95 percent of our time chasing after how to power upa simple circuit and get a response in terms of function generator and scope.

We continiously getting bugged down by losing the target, etc etc....It is been a pain...I will follow your advise to see if I can get

anywhere. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,100 Views)