Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function Node

Solved!
Go to solution

When using the NI MyDaq and NI Elvismx- clicking on any of the functions on the toolbar (i.e. DMM, oscilliscope) yields this pop up window:

Labview: an exception occurred within the external code called by a Call library Function  Node. This might have corrupted labview’s memory save any work to a new location and restart labview.  VI”Dmm.vi” was stopped at node “ “ at a call to ELVISmx_subGetDevNames.vi”

Any advice? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,410 Views)

No ideas...? any suggestions please!!

This error window prevents the Elvis toolbar from working correctly....(i.e. DMM, scope)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,405 Views)

Hello Labeau,

Could you take a screen shot of the error you are seeing? Also could you give me a better description of what program you were using?

Have you tried to get access to the device in LabVIEW or Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? In MAX, you can try to use the device in Test Panels and see if you can access the device at all. In LabVIEW, you can try to use a DAQ Assistant to create a Voltage task to get access to the DMM.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,394 Views)

Jim-

Here's the error window.... I have not tried the other programs, I was specifically using an NI myDAQ A/D device, and the ELVISmx instrument launcher toolbar. When selecting a function such as DMM or other, this window pops up. The function also loads, but I was not able to get them to run. We performed an update on the software as well (labview 2010). The computer also has labview 7.1 installed on it.

Thanks much,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,391 Views)

I tried to access the device through labview measurement and automation explorer (MAX) by right clicking on the device and using the test panels. The test panel came up, I tried a simple audio input, but when I pressed 'run', recieved this error- attached: first jpg is the error, second is the error report. Thanks for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labeau

Hello Labeau,

In order to debug this problem, have you been able to use the PCI-6221 that is in you system? Does this work without any issues?

For right now, I think our first step should be to upgrade the DAQmx and Elvismx driver. I would first upgrade the DAQmx driver to 9.2.2 to see if you can access the device normally in MAX. If this works, then I would update the Elvismx driver to 4.2.3 and see if this fixes the other part of the issue.

If you still have problems with this, feel free to post so we can continue to help.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,351 Views)

Jim the 9.2.2 driver update seems to be working. The units function now. Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,308 Views)