Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bode Analyzer: How to control the number of points per decade?

Solved!
Go to solution

Total newbie here. I cannot control the number of points per decade in the Bode VI. It's always 5 points per decade.

Don't even know how to get the Elvis Version #, but it's at least 4.1, cuz the Elvis installer won't install 4.1 (says current version is newer). Running WinXP. 

How can I get Elvis to respond to my request for more points per decade?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bettyandmaxsboy

Hi Mike,

If you're ever curious about what drivers that you have installed, you can view it using Measurement & Automation Explorer (Start » All Programs » National Instruments » Measurement & Automation Explorer).  Once their, navigate to My System » Software, and you'll find NI ELVISmx along with it's version.  

This behavior that you're seeing is a known issue, filed under Corrective Action Request (CAR) #373017.  For now, the number of points per decade will remain at 5.  Please wait for the next update of NI-ELVISmx to see if this is fixed.

Cheers,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,076 Views)

Hello Mike,

There may be a workaround for you. This is a known issue with ELVISmx 4.4. If you don't need LabVIEW 2012 support (you've got an older version, or only want to use the Soft Front Panels), you can install ELVISmx 4.3. It is available here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2746/lang/en

As you noted, the installer will check for newer versions on the system, so you should uninstall your existing ELVISmx version first.

Good luck and let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Charles Y.

National Instruments

Message 3 of 4
(7,047 Views)

Thanks, Charlesy − that worked just fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,028 Views)