Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner: Converting signals into step response

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm new to this and couldn't find enough help inside LabView or from other posts here.

From what i understood was that I need Control Design step response VI.

It seems to require State-Space Model so it seems I must convert my oscilloscope signals into matrixes.

This doesn't work however and I fear I might not even have the right approach. What I'm supposed to do to make this work properly?

Thanks for the help!

Attachment: Picture of Block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris_zn

Chris

Your connection does not make sense. The "Create State-Space" requires you to give the "model" in "State-Space" format. The Signal from your acquisition doesn't do that. If you really looking to convert a generic signal into a model, you need to use the "System Identification Toolkit", which should be available under "Signal processing" or "Control and Simulation" palette if you have installed. There you need to use the "SI Estimate Transfer Function Model" or the "SI Estimate State-Space Model" to obtain the model, use the "SI Convert to Models of CDT" to convert model with noise to deterministc model used by Control Design and use the "CD Step Response" to compute the step response of the model. That should provide you with the specific information you are looking for.

Now, notice that if you are able to control the excitation of your system, then you could just generate a "step signal" as input and measure the output of the signal and by looking at the response, then you should be able to obtain the response of the system directly...

hope this helps

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,665 Views)

Thanks for the help Barp! That was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,617 Views)