From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 outputs to multiplexer for switching

Hello,

I am a relatively new user of NI LabVIEW and NI ELVIS. As such, I do not have an extensive knowledge of the possibilities available with this equipment. For my project, I have a central electrode surrounded by 8 electrodes in a circle. I am using the impedance analyzer through ELVIS which only uses two wires at once. Thus, I would like to keep the central electrode constant and switch between the 8 outer electrodes until impedance has been measured in 8 different directions. To accomplish the switching, I bought an 8:1 multiplexer (data sheet attached), which needs three hi/lo signals to switch between each input. I have written the impedance analyzing portion of the code for two electrodes only and believe it won't be difficult to alter that for 8 electrodes using 'for' loops. However, I have no idea how to write the code for switching the multiplexer. Right now I'm looking at NI DAQmx write VIs. So my questions are:

1) Is there any easier way to switch between electrodes using just the ELVIS? Also, I have access to multiple ELVIS machines if that is needed. 

2) If the multiplexer is needed, how can I send three DC signals to it, whose values can be altered after every iteration of the impedance analyzer so that a new electrode is used?

Sorry if this is a really vague description. Again, I am very new to LabVIEW. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,310 Views)