Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 outputs to multiplexer for switching

Hello,

I am a relatively new user of NI LabVIEW and NI ELVIS. As such, I do not have an extensive knowledge of the possibilities available with this equipment. For my project, I have a central electrode surrounded by 8 electrodes in a circle. I am using the impedance analyzer through ELVIS which only uses two wires at once. Thus, I would like to keep the central electrode constant and switch between the 8 outer electrodes until impedance has been measured in 8 different directions. To accomplish the switching, I bought an 8:1 multiplexer (data sheet attached), which needs three hi/lo signals to switch between each input. I have written the impedance analyzing portion of the code for two electrodes only and believe it won't be difficult to alter that for 8 electrodes using 'for' loops. However, I have no idea how to write the code for switching the multiplexer. Right now I'm looking at NI DAQmx write VIs. So my questions are:

1) Is there any easier way to switch between electrodes using just the ELVIS? Also, I have access to multiple ELVIS machines if that is needed. 

2) If the multiplexer is needed, how can I send three DC signals to it, whose values can be altered after every iteration of the impedance analyzer so that a new electrode is used?

Sorry if this is a really vague description. Again, I am very new to LabVIEW. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,313 Views)