AWR Academic Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

How to generate Constant Duty Cycle Pulses with Sweeping Frequency ?

Hi,

I'm trying to generate constant duty cycle pulses e.g. 25% of the period, for my shcematic circuit in AWR irrespective of the frequency sweep. I tried to use PORT_PLS, but it accepts fixed TW, so the duty cycle changes with frequency.

Is there any way to sweep the frequency and maintain fixed duty cycle for the sources of the schematic circuits in AWR ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,901 Views)
4 REPLIES

Re: How to generate Constant Duty Cycle Pulses with Sweeping Frequency ?

In harmonic balance, _FREQH1 is the global variable for tone 1 frequency in project units.  So, if you're working in GHz and ns for example, TW=0.25/_FREQH1.

Message 2 of 5
(609 Views)

Thanks mohi_kh for your reply. But it still make the TW constant. I swept for 2 frequencies - 1 GHz & 2 GHz and got TW = 125 ps for both which is 0.25 times of the period for 2 GHz ( T = 500 ps @ 2 GHz). Am I missing anything here ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(609 Views)

Use the EXACT text I provided.

Message 4 of 5
(609 Views)

Hi mohi_kh, I got it working now. The problem was not in the 'Text', it was with the way I set it up. I assigned the TW a variable and applied that text in SWPVAR, that was the problem. Now I directly used that text for TW and it's working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(609 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.