From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

[IDLE] ALVIN

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20130321_CarterDietz_PPTX_Examples.zip

This is a zip file containing the ALVIN presentation given by Carter Dietz on 3/21/2013 along with the example code showing the differences between a state machine, a producer/consumer, and the HCPC.

Message 1 of 5
(9,767 Views)

Be aware the project is in LabVIEW 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,865 Views)

Carter - I am an admininstrator on my computer (via my domain), but it won't create the Event Viewer log.  Do you know what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,865 Views)

Steve, just because you are an admin on a Windows 7 machine does not mean you are actively running with admin privileges. The first slide in the presentation outlines the steps you need to take. To summarize:

Exit out of LabVIEW

Find LabVIEW under Start->All Programs

Right-Click on LabVIEW

Select 'Run as Administrator'

This will apply admin rights to the LabVIEW environment. You only need to do this the first time to register the Event Log. After the Event Log is created, you can connect to it as a standard user.

Also, you can strip out all the Windows Event Viewer stuff and use the architecture with different error handling if this is too problematic.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,865 Views)

Haha, okay.  I obviosuly didn't look at the presentation and just tried to run it.  This falls into the category of "Read the Darn Manual" 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,865 Views)