Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest a solar cell characterization system

I need to know a little bit more detailed in setting up a solar cell characterization station , mainly to measure the I-V characteristics for solar cell's performance test. I also need to know the hardware needed to do the job. I would appreciate if Keithley or any other group can provide me the price information for the system. I need to purchase this kind system very urgently. Thanks.

Hai-Sheng Wu
hai-sheng.wu@mnsu.edu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,840 Views)
Hai-Sheng,

The solar cell I-V characterization sounds like an interesting application. This kind of measurement typically requires two instruments, one to generate the voltage to stimulate the device being characterized, and another device to measure the resulting current from the device. Our website has a tutorial (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/3B9B617D38DE44D686256F9D005C8748) describing how to perform a similar measurement for an NMOS transistor with diagrams of how the connections were made between the device and the instruments being used. For the programmable voltage source, consider using a M-Series DAQ device which contains 4 analog output channels. The M-Series’ absolute accuracy for analog output is 260μV at the lowest range setting. For measuring the current respone for the solar cell, the PXI-4071 FlexDMM delivers 1 pA (10-12) resolution in the 1μA measurement range. Depending on the resolution needed for generating and measuring the voltage and current we may have a analog output and DMM device that would be a better match for your measurement. Our sales representatives are happy to discuss this application with you and find a good match between our product offerings and your hardware needs.

Sales Contact Info
Tel: (888) 280-7645
E-mail sales
Fax: 512-683-8411

Good luck with your application and have a great day!

Scott Teigen
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,830 Views)