From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 8451 write speed

"I have a design with an SPI interface using a 4 MHz SCLK. Theoretically, it should take 4 us to transmit a 16 bit word, but using the USB-8451 module in SPI mode, it sends one word about every 20 us. Is there any way to reduce the 16 us overhead? It appears to be due to the parameter t3 shown on page 7-2 of the user guide, but this applies to the Basic API - is there some means to reduce t3 using the Advanced API or by some other means?"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,727 Views)

I would also like to reduce this. There should be a 16 bit version of this device so that this is not an issue.

I have written a VB.net wrapper for the 8451 device for all of the SPI routines. I still have to complete the I2C wrapper.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,556 Views)

Hi,

I was just wondering if you completed the VB.Net wrapper for the I2C driver, and also how usable this would in a C# environment?

Do you mind sharing any info on this, like how involved this was etc. If you can share the source code as well that will be wonderful.

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,197 Views)