Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESD Protection in PXI 6542

hi,

can anybody please give me some details of ESD Protection values in PXI 6542?...it is most urget for me get these values...why it it required??

kindly send some details as eraly as possisble.

i have seen manuals, bt didnt able to find out.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,350 Views)

Hello Sahara,

The buffers we use that drive the signal out the connectors have the following ESD specifications.

ESD Human Body Model (HBM):   4000V

ESD Charged Device Model (CDM):  3000V

ESD Machine Model (MM): 400V

Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,330 Views)

hi,

thank you so much for details.

can you please provide some details, or reference manual of PXI 6542 for ready reference. that will definately helps me to make any decision of purchase.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,321 Views)

reference manual of PXI 6542 which highlights about ESD Values.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,316 Views)

Hey Sahara,

I am not sure what exact details you are looking for, but NI does publish Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility, and CE Compliance specifications with every device. So I think you might want the information found in the Specifications for the NI PXI/PCI-6541/6542. For example it states the following Safety specification in the spec doc:

"The NI 654X meets the requirements of the following standards of safety for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use:

• IEC 61010-1, EN 61010-1

• UL 61010-1

• CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1

"

If the specifications of our safety compliance does not satisfy your needs, please be more specific about what exactly you are looking for. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,300 Views)

I have refered specification sheet for PXI 6562, in that i have found ESD protection values for INput protection, Output protection in terms of KV, i am looking for same values for PXI 6542.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,286 Views)

please can anyone help to get ESD values?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,266 Views)

Hello Sahara,

The values I posted above are the ESD values for the i/o channels (each channel is bidirectional) for the NI 6541/6542.  These ESD values are not in the specifications document like they were for the 6561/6562.  

I hope this helps,

Jesse

Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,262 Views)