From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a NI USB-6008 with microphone to trigger acquisition after a certain sound threshold is reached?

How do I get a NI USB-6008 with microphone to trigger acquisition after a certain sound threshold is reached?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,213 Views)

Hi lukep,

If you're using SignalExpress please refer to the following KB. Thanks!

How Can I Acquire and Record Pre-Trigger Samples in SignalExpress?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9DE9E3E4DAD9EE93862579C60018B6EA?OpenDocument

Carisa L.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,205 Views)

Hi Carisa,

Thank you very much for your help! I was able to learn more about acquiring data with Signal Express. I have another question. I am able to trigger the acquisition successfully now, but I would also like to know how I could send a digital TTL pulse from P0.0 of the NI USB-6008 just as the acquisition is triggered by the signal. Do you know how I could accomplish this? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,201 Views)

Hi Luke,

I'm glad that resource helped you out. Unfortunately it is not possible to send a digital pulse from P0.0 in SignalExpress. You could do it with a counter but the one on the USB-6008 is only configurable as either a digital trigger input or an event counter input, not an output. I've linked to an example of how we can implement this in LabVIEW and maybe you can try implementing the same type of idea in SignalExpress. Hope this helps!

Generate a Single Digital Pulse Without Using a Counter: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16075

-Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,190 Views)