From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Measurement name

Problem: I have a multiple limit numeric test that does NOT have a defined amount of measurements returned. The number of measurements returned is based on a parameter passed to the LabVIEW VI (i.e. test ran over an array of frequencies within VI). I need TS to evalute the results and be able to Differentiate each result based on that input parameter.

For example: I pass 10 frequencies to a vi and it returns an array of results for TS to eval. How do I Differentiate each result in the report? Remember, changing result array size. 

Solutions:
a. Could I add the frequecy to the report table within the row of the measurement? (if so how)
b. SHould I change the measurement name dynamically with the freq name concated on the measurement name? (if so how)
c. ?

Thanks,
Derek

Message Edited by Derek@Calbay on 02-21-2008 02:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,543 Views)

Hi Derek,

I have written a small example that do dynamic array creating and filling measurements to a MultipleNumericLimitTest.
I did this by using only TS-Stuff just for demonstrating the solution's way and being language independent. Normally you will do this in your favourite CodeModule.

Greetings from the lake of Constance, Germany 

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 2 of 9
(9,514 Views)

Thank you for putting together an example Juergen. I'll experiment with it and adapt to my app. You time is GREATLY appreicated.

Regards,

Derek Fluegge

Irvine, California

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,493 Views)
Hi,
Can you help me to do the same for TestStand 3.5?
Thanks in advance.
Vishal
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,343 Views)

Hi

I have resaved my example in TS3.5
I take a look on it. The Example is done by using
Statement steps wich do some TS-API calls.

But a i know API calls are valid since TS4  -So this in not working !!
to get it running you have replace the Statment steps by the Active-X Action steps.
you have use only the same function calls there.

hope this helps

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,341 Views)
hi,
thanks for the reply.
I could call the Active X API for the first step : "Get Property of Multiple Numeric Limit Test", but I got stuck from the next step. "Set size Ni_Limit Measurement".
Can you help me for this?
br,
vishal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,291 Views)

Hi vishal,

Try this attached seq.

Hope this helps

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,273 Views)
hi,
Thanks for the TS3.5 version of the code.
i got one system installed with TS 4.0 So i tried with that too.
One more problem:
the code works fine if the MultipleNumericLimitTest sequence step and the complete code is in same sequence. If the MultipleNumericLImitTest step is in some other step the code is not updating the Limits and Dataarray option.
Please see the attachment.
How to update this data?
br,
vishal

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,268 Views)

Hi vishal,

I have modified your file. I was passing a parameter to your Sub-Sequence.

Greetings

Juergen

--Signature--
Message 9 of 9
(9,237 Views)