From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i find the device numbers of the PXI cards in a Real time system

i am programming my application i need to programmatically find the Device number assigned to my PXI Card residing in my RT Controller. The controller is Pxi 8176 and Chasis is PXI 1010.Please let me kmow how to find it Programmatically
Suresh Thangappan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,575 Views)
Hi Suresh,

You can get your DAQ device names by using the "System" DAQmx property node. It is found under the function pallette in NI Measurements >> DAQmx Data Acquisitions >> DAQmx Advanced >> DAQmx System Setup.

I have attatched an example that uses this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,565 Views)
Thanks the problem is i am using LAb veiw 7.0 RT and it does not support NI DAQ Qmax. I want a solution in traditional method.
Suresh Thangappan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,560 Views)
Hi Suresh,

In Traditional DAQ you can find this information by using the "Get DAQ Device Information" VI. You can see in my attatched how the for loop tries to get the device serial number for each device number in your system. If no device is at a specified number the serial number will be 0x00000000.

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,551 Views)
Hai ,

it works fine but the problem i am facing is that when i put a PXI 6071 Card in Slot 2 and PXI -6070 in slot s 3,4,5,6 the program detects only pxi 6070 cards only .

I am using visa to detect the cards and slots . if posible if slot information card ,device information and device number set can be combined it would be great.

I am sending you the VI used to detect the Cards,

Please MAke sure that in the Max Visa properties
Show all PXI/PCI devices accesible by VISA option is enabled.

Please find the Vi as attachment
Suresh Thangappan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,542 Views)