Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me in a Heart Beat Monitoring Vi. to read the Analog signal that is produce by my circuit board and make into a ECG graphs ^^

Hi all, pls anyone can help me in a ECG.vi using USB Daqmx 6009 hardware tat tapped a analog signal from a output of my heartbeat circuit and show the number of heart beat in the VI and a suitable graph to show the frequency.
thks in advance ^^

btw, i am using LabView 7.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,897 Views)
Hello Stormancer,

Attached is the vi from the other forum you posted to in LabVIEW version 7.1.  The Traditional DAQ readme says that your device is only supported in our new driver, DAQmx, so you would have to modify the program to use the new driver.  I have not looked to closely at the VI, but it appears that should not be too much of a task.  To get an idea of how to start, I would recommend looking at our example programs (Help»Find Examples) for analog input (Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Analog Measurements»Voltage).

The attached VI basically does the same thing as the Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi and then takes the data and uses the Peak Detector.vi (located in under Functions Palette»Signal Processing»Signal Operations) and various numeric operations (+,-,x,/) to calculate heart rate.

I hope this gives you a place to start, post back with any more questions.
Neal M.
Applications Engineering       National Instruments        www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,859 Views)
I've download the file but labview ask to find AI Config.vi. where i can find this? and i use DAQ USB-1208FS.
tanx before
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,653 Views)
You asked the exact same question about the traditional DAQ functions here and it was answered there. What you didn't mention before was that you were using a board from Measurement Computing so you will have to get LabVIEW drivers from them and use them instead of the functions that are in the example VI you donwloaded.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,644 Views)
sorry http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/www.measurementcomputing.com is not found
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,605 Views)
Sorry, the url got scrambled somehow. Just go to www.measurementcomputing.com. You could have used google and found that yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,602 Views)

maybe somenone can tell me all about this:

1. what frequency must we have to analyse the ecg signal

2. what filter must we use to make a good ecg signal

3. what is the frequency cut-off of the filter in there if we use them (low and high frequency cut-off)

4. how to save the result  of ecg signal to JPEG or files  or cordinate system

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,349 Views)

There is a lot of information on NI's and the web on ECG acquisition and analysis. One is this. Try doing a sarch for ECG. There is also the Biomedical Toolkit. It uses NI data acquisition hardware but can be modified for your DAQ device.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,339 Views)

Dear Marp84,

Last few months,I was doing my project related to the ecg signal. I try my best to help you regarding to the ECG signal processing. It is important for you  to know what is the ECG signal and how to deal with it.  The ECG is the electrical recording and being used to investigate heart disease. The most important  characteristic of the ECG signal is the QRS interval. This 3 characteristics can be used to determine the heart rate and  other further diagnose.

Here are the possible solution for your questions.

1. what frequency must we have to analyze the ecg signal?
When I was doing my project,normally I use less than 1K hertz to acquire the signal from the ECG device. If I increased the sampling rate, the QRS structure cannot be seen/extracted from the device. So it is hard to detect the QRS point from the acquired signal. Furthermore when the sampling rate is high, we cannot have the correct waveform for the ECG signal. so it is better to put lower sampling rate and increased the number of sample. The ideal ratio for the number of samples and the sampling rate is 1:1.

2.what filter must be used to make a good ecg signal?
The recorded ECG signal normally containing noise and artifact,usually movement artifacts.So, before we can extract the useful information,we have to remove the noise. There are 2 common noise;baseline wondering and wideband noise. The baseline wondering can be eliminated using 2 approached. Digital filter and using wavelet transform. The wideband noise can be remove using wavelet . Further and details information about this filter can be obtained from this link;
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6349

4.how to save result of ecg signal to JPEG or files or coordinate system.
The result of this analysis can be stored to JPEG or other files using report generation pallete. Here I attached you a simple programming to save the ecg signal required from the measurement file .The sample ECG data stored in lvm file.  We can choose which type of report we want to generate.
Hope all this can help you a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,325 Views)