Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO uninstall all NI products i need MSI BLAST.EXE

Solved!
Go to solution
I WANT TO REINSTALL MY SYSTEM TO CLEAN UP ALL NI PRODUCTS AND HIDDEN FILES I NEED MSIBLAST.EXE
Message 1 of 9
(54,444 Views)

Hi,

Here ya go...

George

Message 2 of 9
(54,419 Views)

I went to add/remove, clicked on the NI option, and selected everything, and all that was there got removed, and i restarted my computer (XP).

I went to my program  files, and the NI directory along will many folders are still there (36M total).  I tried to run MSI blast, but no NI  are listed, so I cannot run anything.  I tried to manually delete the folders, and I got an error saying I cannot delete (....dll)

Any solutions? I basically just want to fully remove NI from my computer so that I can install labview 8.6 only.  

Message 3 of 9
(50,076 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problems. I found this .pdf however, that can give some clues to some more action needed, among other things the deletion of values from the registry. See the following link for the accompanying MSIBlast pdf. http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/250/34391/2/MSI%20Blast.pdf

Message 4 of 9
(50,040 Views)

Disclaimer:

Using the MSI Blast tool is not encouraged as it can not only uninstall all NI products, but may also result in lost data. Please speak with an NI engineer before running the MSI Blast executable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(40,065 Views)

Here's an updated related post using the NI-shipped NIUninstaller.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(38,363 Views)

Hi all ;

Also I need MSIBLAST.exe could you send it to me ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(35,024 Views)

Can I have a copy of msiblast?  I need one as well

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(29,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Matt_McLaughlin

Hi all,

This thread has come back to life a few times. To clarify, MSI Blast is an unofficial tool that can be used to uninstall NI Software. The vast majority of uninstallations are successful using the recommended process for uninstalling National Instruments software. MSI Blast is very rarely used as a troubleshooting step in cases where software fails to uninstall, and we encourage you to contact NI Support if you are experiencing difficulty with the uninstallation process. 

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(28,626 Views)