From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get BSOD with nidaq 6.9.3 and daqcard AT-AO-2DC?

Support Question:
The nipalk.sys driver causes a crash in WinXP - I believe its a memory
problem.

The only VI I use with the card is AO Update Channel to activate the
voltage
level I want.

When I run my program - this VI runs every 20 seconds - but the crashes
seems
to occur randomly. Sometimes it happens after the program has been running
for
30 minutes - next time it runs for 9 hours...

The blue screen says: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL
STOP Ox000000D0(0x0255A8C4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80549988)

I tried debugging with xps driver verifier tool - and when I ask it to
verify
nipalk.sys at startup - running the special pool test - I get a blue screen
at
startup saying:
WDM Driver(or system)_ERROR 233
nipalk.sys+44ffd at BAEBBFFD

I've read about some similar problems in the forum but I am not sure what
to do
to resolve this issue. Would using an earlier window version or a newer
nipalk.sys help (though newer ni-daq does not support my daqcard..)

attached is one of the filedumps I have

Software Details: LabVIEW version 7.1
NI Hardware : Multifunction DAQ device DAQCARD-AO-2DC
Driver Version : 6.9.3
Operating System: Windows XP

Tried e-mail to support about this a week ago, but I have not received any response yet..(ref nr. 405-J565110)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,861 Views)
Hello,

I just saw this post and noticed nobody answered your question, so here I am to help you out.

1. Have you tried installing the driver and the board in another computer? If so, does it still crash?

2. Have you tried running an analog output shipping example to see if the same behavior occurs? If the AO Update Channel VI is not present in the Block Diagram, will your computer still crash?

Please let me know about this. Thanks!

Regards,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,823 Views)
Thanks for answering.

I updated the driver with a patch that was supposed to fix another memory problem, I believe it was 6.9.3f, but I am not sure. After I did that, the crashes occurred more seldom - every 4-5 days or so. Since I only use the program for 24h at most - to avoid problems I just reboot the machine before starting the testing that I am doing. This solution is not optimal of course, but we have been quit busy using the test system for a while. When I get the chance I will try to switch computers.

The program does not seem to crash when AO Update Channel is not present. I have not tried an Analog Output Shipping Example - what is it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,822 Views)
Hello Torten,

I'm glad that the issue got partially solved, I still wonder though if the problem was computer dependent or if it was something else. By shipping examples I was referring to the example programs that come with LabVIEW. You can find them by going to Help=>Find Examples. What I wanted you to do is run one of those example programs (one that resembles your application) and see if you get the same behavior as before.

Regards,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,770 Views)