LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i hav encountered a problem "server refused the connection" while connecting FP-2010 with laptop

i am using FP-2010 and FP-RLY-420 with my laptop and when i run application then there come an error that the software of target is older than we are using on host so upgrade it after upgrading the target is not visible on host but controller FP-2010 is still visible on host and the ip is also configured but when i try to access target an error occur  "server refused the connection"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(4,190 Views)
Hi Mazhar,

I am not exactly sure that I understand what you are saying about what you can see in your system. When you say that the FP-2010 is visible, but the target is not, what target are you expecting to see? The target should be your 2010, and if you can see that and your IP is properly configured, you should be able to communicate with your device. If there is another "target" still visible, but with a red "X" on it, this may be an old or incorrectly configured device, and you can right click on it and select "Delete" to remove it.

If this is not what you are seeing, and you are still unable to communicate with the 2010, please clarify what you are seeing in your remote systems. For more information and troubleshooting advice on how to network your FieldPoint device, see the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/50BE7BEA4D5285DA862573370070D30B?OpenDocument

Regards,
Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(4,149 Views)
thanx
target means FP-RLY-420
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,127 Views)
thanx stephen
now i hav seen FP-2010 but FP-RLY-420 is still invisible to me now what should i do to see FP-RLY-420
another status is also shown that "improper installation"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,126 Views)
Hi Mazhar,

Are you using serial or ethernet to communicate with your FP? Also, could you attach a screenshot of your setup along with the error that you are receiving? Hopefully this will give more information and we can figure out what is going wrong.

Regards,
Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,071 Views)
Hi Stephen S

iam using ethernet for fp.

i hav attached screen shots also.

one more thing that the status led on fp-2010 flashes 2 times which means the firm ware upgradation error can u help me in this regard.

Regads
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,053 Views)
attachments of screen shots
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,044 Views)
attachments of screen shots
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,044 Views)
Hi Mazhar,

Since your LED is indicating that there is a firmware error, and you are getting the error that you are unable to connect to your data item, this seems to be an issue with your FieldPoint drivers. You can download the newest version of the drivers at http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sn/n23:1.16/lang/en

For instructions on installation, see http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7BE0E528D913BCC3862573EC005D031D?OpenDocument

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,012 Views)