LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Process query...

I've got a LabVIEW library which is called by a higher level VI to create an excel workbook and/or save data to it.  I have not yet written a sequence to save the file to disk, but could someone look over it and tell me what they think.  I've initialised all the inputs with default data, so it should run okay.  This library was the first bit of code I ever wrote in LabVIEW (concocted it from scratch too), so it may do things in a rather long winded way.

The 'Summary' sheet is currently just a duplicate of the 'Data' sheet since its content has not yet been finalised.

The 'New' and 'Save' boolean controls on the front panel create a new excel workbook with no data, and save data into the 'Data' sheet under the relevant temperature.

I am using Microsoft Excel (Version 10.0.6501.0), LabVIEW Development System (Version 6.1.0.4004), and Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Version 2002, Service pack 2).  I say this because this library uses active-x controls, and I don't know how much is program version specific.

Thank you in advance.

James

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

Message 1 of 8
(4,872 Views)
...any takers to have a quick scan of my code and see how much i'm doing the long or silly way...?

Message 2 of 8
(4,848 Views)
*POP* - back to page one again! 🙂

Message 3 of 8
(4,824 Views)

Does not look bad at all to me. Please put a link to this thread on the excel board

Thanks,

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 4 of 8
(4,810 Views)
can i put date & time to excel?
Message 5 of 8
(4,689 Views)

marp84 wrote:
can i put date & time to excel?

Yes.
Message 6 of 8
(4,685 Views)
how i can do that?
Message 7 of 8
(4,682 Views)

You could use the 'Get Date/Time String', and then input the string into whichever cell in whichever sheet in whichever workbook in Excel you want. This is a static date/time, and doesn't change once it's been written into Excel.

You could also write a formula into a particular cell:

=TODAY() ...inserts the current date.

=NOW() ...inserts the current date and time.

These two values are updated whenever the worksheet is calculated, and are taken from the system clock.

Message Edited by James Mamakos on 07-16-2009 09:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,664 Views)