LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control color of each element in a cluster?

DEppAtNGC wrote:
I'd prefer something simpler... like a enum that could have colors associated with enum values...

What makes you think that's simpler? It won't be simple because there is no native support for it. 😉 You need to code your way around it.

Some more possibilities: 

• You could use a picture ring. 
  • You could always make an Xcontrol.
Message Edited by altenbach on 05-19-2009 01:31 PM
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(2,895 Views)

I tried to customize the control as described in post #16, but I always get a square peg and a round hole.

Does this still work? 

The help files don't seem to include the possibility of changing shapes....

I'm using version 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(2,850 Views)

skierrex wrote:

Does this still work? 

Yes, of course it still works. The description is only for the central part. You might want to repeat the same steps with the shaded frame too.

Here's what I just did in about a minute in 8.6:

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-14-2009 09:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(2,848 Views)

Thanks!

I think I get it now.

I have to copy the outer frame, save that, and then I can copy the colored indicator part.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(2,824 Views)

Wouldn't it be nice if the enum indicator had native support for a color assignment to each enum value? Those could be set statically via properties or dynamically property node. Wouldn't it be... niice...

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(2,818 Views)

DEppAtNGC wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if the enum indicator had native support for a color assignment to each enum value? Those could be set statically via properties or dynamically property node. Wouldn't it be... niice...

This is somewhat offtopic here. If you think you have a good new idea, please write it up for the LabVIEW Idea Exchange! 😄
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37
(2,814 Views)

Altenbach- you gave a 9 step description of how to do this on Page 2 of this script.

I tried to follow this in order that I might learn more, but keep falling over.

step 3 - What is the wrench? (is it the drop down menu, if so it is greyed out for me)

step 7 - I can only import pictures from an existing file.

Do I need to save the image to a file in the middle?

(LabVIEW 8.6.1)

Cheers for any help. I'm swatting on timesaving techniques and learning how to make things like this from scratch quickly before I start my practise for the CLD exam  in the hope that I'll pick up something that'll carry through into the exam.

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(2,648 Views)

DEppAtNGC wrote:

A picture ring with text comes close but you can't change the colors at run time.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(2,641 Views)

James W wrote:

step 3 - What is the wrench? (is it the drop down menu, if so it is greyed out for me)

step 7 - I can only import pictures from an existing file.

step 3: the wrench is the button in the upper left. If you hover over it, it says "go to customize mode". Once you press it, the wrench turns into forceps.

step 7: typically, you import directly from the clipboard. It should still be there from step #4.

Message 29 of 37
(2,632 Views)

Thanks Altenbach.

Next Question - How do you deal with the scaling issue?

When I make my colour box LED and make it smaller, the LED and shrinks faster than the Decal, and when it grows, the LED can obscure the Decal. - I don't undertand this. 

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(2,621 Views)