From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from Traditional NIDAQ to DAQmx

I am using LV 7.1 with an SCXI chassis.

I have 7 Traditional NIDAQ which all work well.

I am having trouble using a DAQmx channel, specifically in MAX. When I try to test the DAQmx channel (in MAX) I recieve an execution error -89130 (see attached screen shot)

What do I reset so I can use DAQmx?  Can I use VI's that use traditional NI-DAQ and DAQmx on the same system?  (I will not mix the two in the same VI)

My intent is to continue to use the existing VI's (using Traditional NI-DAQ) and any new VI I create will use DAQmx.

Thanks,

Bill
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,123 Views)
Hi POBA,

You can use both traditional DAQ and DAQmx on the same system, but you can only have one driver controlling the device at a time.  If you have been using traditional DAQ with your device you will need to change being used on the card by performing a reset.

To reset device for DAQmx:

1. Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)
  2. Go to Devices and Interfaces >> NI-DAQmx Devices and find the instance of the device you are using to control your SCXI chassis.
  3. Right-click on the device and select Reset

If this doesn’t work, the following Knowledge Base may provide more help:

DAQmx Error Code -89130: Device is not Available for Routing

To reset device for traditional NI-DAQ:

1. Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)
  2. Go to Devices and Interfaces >> Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices
  3. Right-click on Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices and select Reset driver for traditional NI-DAQ

Jared T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,097 Views)