LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the decorations so limited?

One possible solution for custom cursors and plots which has been add to v8.5 is a front picture object on plots.  This is essentially a picture object overlayed on a plot with no additional code or controls.  Also you can now customize symbols in the tree and list boxes in the newer versions.  So some progress has been made here but yes the entire interface could be improved.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 38
(3,826 Views)

Re:a.plugaru

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 38
(3,792 Views)

I am going to put in a product suggestion for an enhanced Decoration Object, can be used in that same way as decorations with additional functionality.

Properties

Bounds <H, W>     

Possition <T,L>

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 38
(3,759 Views)

I am going to put in a product suggestion for an enhanced Decoration Object, can be used in that same way as decorations with additional functionality.

Properties

Bounds <Height, Width>

Position<Left, Top>

Color<FG, BG>  A color array would be nice but will be harder to keep compatable

Size<W, H>  

Label :  this is never shown but allows for referencing decoration directly without keeping track of indexes.

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 38
(3,753 Views)

IGNORE last two submitted messages here is the correct message, my browser was acting up. 

am going to put in a product suggestion for an enhanced Decoration Object, can be used in that same way as decorations with additional functionality.

Properties

-BOUNDS <Height, Width>

-POSITION<Left, Top>

-COLOR<FG, BG>  A color array would be nice but will be harder to keep compatable.  32 bit color with alpha blend would be very nice

but this is a different can of worms.

-SIZE<W, H>  

-VISIBLE?

-LABEL:  this is never shown but allows for referencing decoration directly without keeping track of indexes.

-POLYLINE:  array of points (X,Y) from origin for defining the vector graphic (provide an editor tool), this will accuratly scale

decorations with size changes of the bounding rectangle.

-PATTERN:  2d array of texture to fill polygon with

-BLEND:  if pattern is not used, allow for blend from color A to color B allong a specoified vector ie (red to white allong the unit vector 1,1

provides a Red phase out from the upper left corner to the lower right)

-ROTATION: 0-360 (int%360)  rotates image about center by specified degrees.

-TRANSPARANCY- 0-100%   allows for blending and object overlap.

METHOD (in addition to the usual decoration methods)

________

ADD_POINT  - inserts a point into the polyline at a specified index

REMOVE_POINT -removes a point into the polyline at a specified index

This is what I have in mind.  Feel free to add or comment.

Paul

Message Edited by falkpl on 12-12-2007 10:05 AM
Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 38
(3,742 Views)
It should have a Caption, won't be much extra work...

And having some Events! That would make it a really flexible tool.
(Mouse Down, Mouse Up, ...).

Felix

btw: I hate Christmas Deco 😉
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 38
(3,727 Views)
Falkpl,

this could be done with an XControl!
I'll post a propose to the LAVA forums to make a coding challenge on this.
Here's the link to my proposal

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 12-13-2007 11:22 AM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 38
(3,680 Views)

Xcontrols might work but I still would like to see a native object called an enhanced decoration.  The problem with an Xcontrol (I have been limited on my use) is that this as not really a control (see lv class hierarchy)  there is no data publicly avaliable.  The object as BEN pointed out must be very light weight, requiring little processor time.  I will be very interested to see an XControl however.  This would be the closest way that the community can solve the problem.  My main use for these decorations though will be to customize Labviews controls, and Xcontrols wont work for that since you can not have two controls customizing a control, just add decorations and graphics.  Thank you for posting on Lava since the top guns of the community frequent it.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 38
(3,648 Views)
@ a.plugaru:

It's not just Ben... I wrote to NI to remove you from user base because of SPAMing...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 19 of 38
(3,639 Views)

a.plugaru,

I reported your abuse as well.

Message 20 of 38
(3,674 Views)