LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 09/18/2006

For all you Windows LabVIEW users out there, how many times have you navigated to a folder location with a file dialog?  Probably a bazillion times...whether you're opening a new VI, selecting a file from within a LabVIEW UI, etc.  I often wish I can navigate faster to the places I need within LabVIEW file dialogs.  Well, in LabVIEW 8.2, there's a new feature you can try that helps make this easier.  Put the following in your INI file (remember, this is for LabVIEW 8.2 and later):

MRUFolders=TRUE

With this INI token present, every time you select something in a file dialog in LabVIEW, that location becomes the new top item in the "Places Bar" in the Windows file dialog:

With this feature, you always have quick access to the last five paths you used from within LabVIEW.  Try it out!

(For those of you who are curious, this feature uses a similar mechanism as the Places Bar customization feature of Tweak UI.)

-D

P.S. - Check out past nuggets here.

Message Edited by Darren on 09-18-2006 11:16 AM

Message 1 of 24
(12,174 Views)
Thanks Darren!  I too get annoyed at the amount of 'browsing' I do sometimes.  This will be useful
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(12,154 Views)
Great! 😄
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(12,151 Views)

@Darren wrote:

(For those of you who are curious, this feature uses a similar mechanism as the Places Bar customization feature of Tweak UI.)
I highly recommend using this. I've used it for a long time and with a right selection of the folders you can usually get to where you need really fast. It just takes getting used to.

(12,137 Views)
Great Tip!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(12,111 Views)
Keep 'em coming, Darren. And this can only help my "mouse elbow" and "mouse finger" problem. It might work better than surgery! Smiley Happy
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(12,078 Views)
Ooooh,

I like this one.

Nice

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(12,019 Views)
Great one Darren !

Any way to see the same for Mac someday Smiley Surprised ??

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(12,015 Views)

TiTou,

I'll make sure to mention your Mac request to the developer who originally added this feature.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(11,967 Views)
It was my dream since few weeks, thanks a lot!
Regards
Mikrobi (Zbigniew St. Sobków)____________________________________________________________
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float on his back you've got something."
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(11,516 Views)