LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency of Blinking for LED in LV

I realized after I posted the last example that BGcolor in not generic to the control class (I had done something similar with bounds in the past) and also the COLORS[4] properity is not setable at runtime. 
Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(6,143 Views)

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?
If memory serves, the Colors[4] property is settable when the VI is running and the bounds properties are the ones which aren't.

(6,138 Views)
I am probably wrong, its been a while since I have played with these properties.
Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(6,129 Views)

Hiii,

Thanks for such a wonderful reply, tell me is there any option to change the time for the mechenical action of the button?? I am using the Switch until released action of the button, but in that time case is not executing the whole procedure, but suppose if i will select the Latch until released action it will do it for me, so i want to know that is there any option to change the mechenical action time?

Thanks,

Rujuta

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(6,107 Views)

Hi Rujuta,

Well you cannot really 'change' the mechanical action time for latch actions.

you have mentioned that your concern is that "case is not executing the whole procedure".

Are you not using a case structure(that is controlled by a bolean button) for executing the selected section of the code?

regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(6,104 Views)

Hiii, Dev

Thanks, ya i was using it, but it was happening because if the initialisation action which i ve done, so i had forgot to attach the wire to the other structures, and thats why i think problems were there, so its OK now, but i think that we cant really change the time of the boolean action?

Thanks,

Rujuta

Message 16 of 23
(6,117 Views)

@Ruju wrote:

but i think that we cant really change the time of the boolean action?

A latched boolean is only returned to its previous value when its terminal is "read" in the diagram. That means that if your code is running in one loop and you click the button which is in another loop, it will not be read until you actually get to that loop. That's the main reason why it is important to place the terminal of a boolean inside its event case.

Switched booleans can be controlled through locals, where you can control the time precisely.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

With the introduction of event driven programming, especially dynamic registration, you can emulate more complex latch actions and can use buttons with a greater degree of fine control.  I find myself using a latch less and registering for the button change value event and handle the switching action programatically more and more.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Message 18 of 23
(6,101 Views)

OK, here's an alpha version of the independent blinking program (7.0).

• At the moment, it supports booleans, digital numerics and strings (which I think is pretty much what everybody need).
  • It runs a template VI for each control which uses the timeout of an event structure to do the blink timing.
  • When the VI where the control is has stopped running it resets the color and stops the template VI.
  • The blinking speed and color are individual for each control and can be changed at run-time.
  • The decision on the different properties is done through a polymorphic VI.
  • It uses at least one OpenG VI (Data Changed?) which is not included.

The demo VI shows an example.

I would like to hear some comments and suggestions from any interested parties.

Looks nice, but cannot run in 8.5 or 8.2.1, can it be imiigrated?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(5,555 Views)