LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane object at BDHP+256D8 in ".vi" {graphics}(0X80):wire segment(wire)

The above message subject is a pop up message when ever I try to run my .Vi or save my .Vi. Labview shuts down after a few seconds of taking data.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(11,040 Views)
LabVIEW 6?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(11,034 Views)
Try copying the enitre block diagram into a new VI and saving this new version (under a different name).

Sometimes LabVIEW corrupts something in the VI and this solves the problem quite often.

Hope this helps

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(11,029 Views)
The insane objects question comes up from time to time. Here is one way to find the particular problem:

There was a message about this on info-labVIEW a few years ago that I have kept. It was from Marting Dupont.

1) Close LabVIEW
2) Put the key "LVdebugkeys=True"in the LabVIEW.ini file
3) Open your VI
4) Press CTRL+SHFT+d, then press CTRL+SHFT+h This will turn on an object browser.
5) In the top left list box, select the element that contains the name of your VI and the letters BDHP
6) In the top right listbox, find the line that begins with the error number (in your case 215D98)
7) Click on the F button
😎 Delete this object and recreate it. It will ususally be a wire.

In your case, it is a wire (the error messages says so).

I hope that this helps!
Message 4 of 16
(11,029 Views)
Wow,

Now I learned something really interesting today.

Didn't know that existed at all.

Thanks

shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(11,025 Views)
Bob,
I actually tried this a couple of days ago, following your other posting of this, just to see what the object browser looks like, and to see if there are other interesting debug options available. Unfortunately, on a computer with 7.1 this didn't work for me.
I tried it on a computer with 7.0 and there it worked fine. Maybe they removed or changed it, or maybe I did something wrong.

(11,013 Views)
In LabVIEW 7.1 and 7.1.1, there has been a bug where control key combinations don't always "catch". This is especially obvious if you have popped up and selected a palette and then press CTRL-h for context help.

This being TWO control key combinations, it is very annoying to get firht, but you can still get at the heap peek window. Just try it a couple of times. It works best for me if I just keep the CTRL+SHFT held and press d then h <= 1 sec.

So, I can definitly duplicate it not launching, I can also get it to launch with a little keyboard banging!

Thanks,
Bob Young
Message 7 of 16
(11,002 Views)
Can't say I've seen insane object in 7.X, regardless of what service is complaining. In LV6 I could reliably generate a graphics insane object in the following manner (from a program upgraded from 4.1):

Make some of complicated cluster as a strict type def, (auto-update=True).
Drop a type def constant of it on the block diagram and wire it off to something;do it in a sub-vi.
Save and close the sub-vi.
Open the type def and make some big change to the complicated structure of the cluster.
Save.
Open the sub-vi and it has an insane object, a wire that is not attached to a terminal. (A trivial example might not produce the IO, I had about 400 sub-vis)

I hunted down the object and it is easy to fix:

It seems like the wire to a cluster constant has to be attached to a (hidden?) terminal that is in the geometric center of the outer most cluster frame. A big change in the structure of the cluster changes the (virtual?) location of the center and now the LV editor, presented with a new type def, can't figure out where to connect based on the center of the old cluster. Hence, the diagram has a wire that is not broken but also, a wire who's endpoint is not connected to anything.

I have never seen this in 7.
Message 8 of 16
(10,926 Views)

I agree with Odd_Modem,

I've never seen it since LV7x.

I did see it twice with LV6.1.  Both occurences were when editing the same vi.

Message 9 of 16
(10,772 Views)

Hi

Excellent tip wrt Object Browser which has enabled me to get rid of an insane object error I was getting in a very large VI in V7.1.1.

Thank you very much,

Regards,

John Cookson

Instron

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(10,564 Views)