LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dim the Boolean LED

Hi! I am going to create a simulator of a lighting system which include dimming function.

How can I make the Boolean LED ramp on and ramp off in percentage(%) or in logic level (0-255)?

What should I do???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(11,446 Views)
You just have to play with the Color property. The example attached is just a quick start : the color varies from black to pure green. You can refine the variation to get it running from dark to bright green, to mimick reality more closely.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 16
(11,436 Views)
If the indicator is just a "light" it does not need to be a boolean LED with all that true/false logic. I suggest a simple color box customized to look like an LED as indicator.
The attached VI (LabVIEW 7.1) shows one possibility where you can select the color and brightness at will.

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-09-2005 12:25 AM

Message 3 of 16
(11,425 Views)
Can you save this dimmer vi in v7.0??
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(11,403 Views)
I cannot convert it exactly, because it uses a radio button control (not available under LabVIEW 7.0). 😞

However, LabVIEW 7.1 does a good job downconverting and it automatically replaced the radio control with an enum. Pretty cool!
See attached 7.0 version).
Message 5 of 16
(11,378 Views)
I am trying to recreate another version of this dimmer.vi but I cannot recreate the led. It gives me a box but I cannot change it to a round led.
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(11,362 Views)
See my answer in this earlier thread. You need to customize the color box to look like an LED using the control editor.
Message 7 of 16
(11,349 Views)
Thank you!
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(11,343 Views)
Thank you all of the replys!
I will try your solutions.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(11,274 Views)

Hi altenbach,

I was looking at your different examples to convert a color box into an LED to show multiple states. In the Dimmer.vi above, couldn't understand the "AND" condition. What does that mean for numeric value? Or is that a color box requirement? Also, how did you calculate those values of Brightness? The first element is 0, and then the three elements are same. I understand you are typecasting into U32, but why that 0 with 3 same values?

Just curious to understand the logic.

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(10,081 Views)