LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 08/17/2009

Block Diagram Clean Up was one of the premiere features of LabVIEW 8.6.  It was a little rough around the edges at that time, but some great improvements have been made in LabVIEW 2009.  For example, you can now invoke diagram cleanup on a selected portion of your diagram.  If you have diagram objects selected, and you press Ctrl-U (or the cleanup toolbar button), only the selected items will be cleaned up...the rest of your diagram will remain unchanged.  Also, diagram cleanup in LabVIEW 2009 is a lot better about keeping your free labels within the same proximity of objects they were near before the cleanup.  It's still not perfect, but it's far better than the behavior in LabVIEW 8.6, which was to indiscriminately move all labels to the corner of their owning diagrams.

So if you were not satisfied with diagram cleanup in LabVIEW 8.6, I think you should give it another try in LabVIEW 2009.  After all, that's what I'm doing😉

Message 1 of 4
(5,012 Views)
It was a feature I used once or twice in LabVIEW 8.6 and never touched it again (it ruined somethign everytime). In 2009, it seems to be one of the most frequently used features in my case.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,971 Views)
I used to frequently copy code to a New Untitled VI, do a clean up and paste the code back...  But yeah, now its pretty cool... Smiley Tongue
Message Edited by NitinD on 08-18-2009 12:39 PM
Message 3 of 4
(4,902 Views)
I like the 'Exclude for Diagram Cleanup' option for structures.  With that the main while loop and case loop remain the size I set, but the wires inside get cleanedup.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,810 Views)