cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to compile FPGA in Project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I'm getting the following error when I'm trying to compile an FPGA VI on to an 9022 Compact Rio, am I missing something on my in stall?

Has anybody seen this before and know what's happening? 

An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 7 occurred at Error calling module generator VI: NULL

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Message Edited by kmoyna on 07-13-2009 05:17 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,854 Views)

Hello kmoyna,

The NI 9022 is a controller for a CompactRIO system.  Which FPGA backplane are you using?

Had you been able to compile previously using the same hardware?

The error you have described can relate to the software installation.  The first thing to check is that the software version of LabVIEW installed matches the version of LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real-time.  Follow the steps below to check this.

1. Navigate to 'Start'->'All programs'->'National Instruments'->'Measurement and Automation'
  2. On the main menu, select 'Help'->'System Information'
  3. Reply back with the version of LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW Real-time, and NI-RIO

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,828 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kmoyna

This looks really familiar.  I know I've seen this error.  I think there is an issue if you upgraded to the latest NI-RIO but you didn't upgrade LV FPGA from 8.6.0 to 8.6.1, or something like that.  Could that be it, kmoyna?

Message 3 of 4
(2,820 Views)

Yeah thats right i got if fixed by upgrading the FPGA module from 8.6.0 to 8.6.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,805 Views)