From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and see a picture???

Solved!
Go to solution

HI:

Im triyng to open and view a image .jpg in lab view, I try to do this with the file open/create/remplace, also with the jpeg read vi, but the Vi doesnt work i mean when i run the vi i want to se the picture and show a message to close the picture, someone can helpme?

Note: My path in both vi's is ok,  anyway doestn work...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,932 Views)

Exactly how doesn't it work?

Please post a copy of your VI so we can see if there are any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,928 Views)
I cant see any picture by the way
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,926 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LKCH9
Try this.  I didn't write it, but I know it works. Smiley Wink
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,882 Views)

Need help implimenting this same solution on a system that uses LabView 6.1 and TestStand 2.01.

Teststand calls Vi to open/display jpeg message.  

User clicks button yes / no  - closes picture message

User response returned to Teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,628 Views)
why are you using the test stand for this application when u can use labview as a stand alone application for this case.
Regards
Asad Tirmizi
Design Engineer
Institute of Avionics and Aeronautics

" Its never too late to be, what u want to be"
Using LabVIEW 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,583 Views)
Do you want this vi to be converted to a lv 6.1?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,576 Views)

Hornet,

Why would you say that TestStand is not appropriate? In any case, that is irrelevant and does not answer the question.

Marcus2,

I don't have it here but I wrote a custom test step with LabVIEW 7.1 that has the same features as a TestStand popup except you have the option for displaying an image. I'll post it when I get to work and hopefully, someone can convert it to 6.1. No chance you can upgrade either LabVIEW or TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,572 Views)

I found the original that I wrote in 6.1.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,553 Views)

Thanks Dennis A popup with Pic is exactly what I  had in mind -  appreciate the help... will give it a shot and report back.

Upgrade not an option at this time.  

Hornet - "Why Teststand"  The existing test program is completely managed by Test Stand as it is, just adding this step to it as an improvement.

Muks Convert this one to 6.1 .. Please do, will try them both and see which fits best thanks.

And thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,529 Views)