LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Waveform Attributes, ignored by LV ?

I've used waveform attributes before to rename plots on graph legends.  Today I tried the same on a digital waveform graph, but it won't work.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing/doing wrong ?  I'm using NIHSDIO VIs in this instance, when this worked for me before I was using DAQmx VIs.  I have no attributes to edit, but have tried inserting them.  The pictures should explain. i.e "Line 0" should be named "one"

Message Edited by bmann2000 on 08-14-2008 04:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,022 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,009 Views)

Hello bmann2000,

This is a behavior that has been seen and reported as incorrect in the past.  However, it has not been corrected yet.  Even if the ChannelName is set correctly, the graph will not update the channel names for a digital graph.  The solution, however, is a bit more complicated than with analog data since each channel can potentially have multiple lines, each with a different name.  In any event, you can work around this naming issue by updating the plot names programatically.  I have attached an example.  

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(3,005 Views)

many thanks, just what i needed. 

This fix provides the ability to rename existing plots only, if your plotting a varying number of plots, use a waveform graph local variable to update the waveform graph with the new plot(s) prior to renaming them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,976 Views)

I've run into more problems/bugs using the digital waveform graphs, see latest post at

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=362218

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,870 Views)