LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change strings of (strict type def) refnum

Hi,

I have made a strict type def, which is a text ring. I open the VI reference -> get Panel property node -> Controls[] -> Index first element (there is only one, the ring) -> change Strings and values, and then close reference.

If I call this subvi from a VI, which includes this strict type ring, it will be only updated, when I restart the VI. And not in runtime. I don´t get any error, everything looks fine, but the strings and values are not updated 😞

Is there a way not to restart the VI, but to modify the ring programatically?

regards

MB

Message Edited by shb on 07-29-2008 11:52 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,367 Views)

Hi mitulatbati,

It is not possible to refresh a type def in a running VI.

Why did you choose a type def? Would you like to update the text of a ring control in several places synchronously?

Greetings,
shb

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,359 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I want to change these properties of a lot of instances in different VIs. If it´s not possible, I have to choose another type, not ring 😞

regards

mitulatbati

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,352 Views)
Hello mitulatbati,

I do something similar with a Combo Box. The reference to each box is stored in an unitinialised shift register of a VI. When I want to change the selectable text, I do it in a for loop for every stored control.
A VI doeing this for Rings is attached (LV8.2.1).

Greetings,
shb
Download All
Message 4 of 6
(3,334 Views)
Hi,

its right that it is not possible to refresh a type def in a running VI. So you should update the typedefs at the end of your VI.
Like in the attached example.
But better you update the controls by their references like in the example of the last post of shb.
So you have a better control which ones you update.

Regards
DianaS
Message 5 of 6
(3,307 Views)

Hi shb,

Yes, it works, thanks!

regards

MB

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,293 Views)