LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Request: Living Known Issues Document

Hello everyone, It has been almost 9 months since we introduced the LabVIEW “living” known issues document, and we’d like to hear your feedback on the document. We are interested in such things as:
  • This has been helpful to you -- has it shown you an issue that you didn’t know about, or one that you encountered that you would have needed to report to support?
  • If the table(s) are easy to use and understand – do you like both sorting methods?  Are there other ways to organize the data you might be interested in?
  • Is the document updated frequently enough?
  • Is there any other feedback you have on the document?
Feel free to suggest new features, but keep in mind that this is new to us, and there are still limitations on our systems which may prevent implementation of some suggestions. Thanks for participating!
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 1 of 64
(14,928 Views)
I've upgraded to LabVIEW 8.5.1 because of some of the issues on this document.
Is there another similar document that only includes the issues that weren't fixed in LabVIEW 8.5.1?

I.e. a LabVIEW 8.5.1 Known Issues page.
Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 2 of 64
(14,871 Views)
Alll items, not mentioned 'fixed in LV 8.5.1' are known issues.

What I miss is a little bit filtering by LV version and status (fixed in next issue would be nice).

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 64
(14,852 Views)

I think these lists are great!

I'd like to see them sorted by functionality affected, all LVOOP together, all graphs together etc. since it can take quite a while to find an issue in the list.

I have already used this list to dicatate that aps should be migrated to the latest and greatest so we can avoid a bug.

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 64
(14,824 Views)
The "List" has been very helpful. Has played a key role in decision of when to migrate to what version of LV.
Message 5 of 64
(14,814 Views)
I think it is great list and great idea but can be improved a lot by sorting it by giving a suitable heading as ben suggested
Message 6 of 64
(14,788 Views)

Ben wrote:
... I'd like to see them sorted by functionality affected, all LVOOP together, all graphs together etc. since it can take quite a while to find an issue in the list.
There are two sorts, category and date. The category is as you requested; e.g. LabVIEW Object Oriented Programming is one of the existing categories; two actually, because of a typo, but we'll fix that Smiley Wink.  The date sort is to make easy to see what's been added since you last checked.

Roy

Message Edited by Roy F on 07-11-2008 10:24 AM
Message 7 of 64
(14,763 Views)
This list is very handy.   It would be nice if there were some catagories for LV Modules... FPGA, RT, Touch Panel.
SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
-------------------------------------
Message 8 of 64
(14,732 Views)
The best solution to all this, stop NI-days. At every NI-days NI thinks they must dump a new LabVIEW version on the market good or bad. The result off all this is very instable versions and than I mean LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-time with Fieldpoint controllers.
LabVIEW 5.11 very good
LabVIEW 6.0 bad
LabVIEW 6.02 good
LabVIEW/RT  6.03 very good first real-time version
LabVIEW/RT  7.11 very good
LabVIEW/RT 8.0  rubbish
LabVIEW/RT 8.01 rubbish
LabVIEW/RT 8.21 good
LabVIEW/RT 8.5 rubbish
LabVIEW/RT 8.51 not so bad but we have to pay for it, not even a free bug update.
LabVIEW 8.6 ????

We at Shell Amsterdam have/had  about 250 LabVIEW installations running and this is the experience we have.

Message 9 of 64
(14,687 Views)
Hi

The list is OK but I was using our own list also.
This own list is obsolete now because of this better and more complete list.

My question: do we get updates on this list for 8.5 when 8.6 comes along?
greetings from the Netherlands
Message 10 of 64
(14,650 Views)