LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet toolkit license

I have two development PCs. Both are running LV2013 and use the Internet Toolkit. One of them works fine the other has an error: Library that contains the VI or item is not properly licensed. Under details it explains

This VI or item belongs to a library that is expired or invalidly licensed. Activate the license of the library to edit or run the VIs and items the library owns. For more information on activating this VI or item's owning library, see the error message on this VI or item's library.

I have the VIs for the toolkit under source control so they aren't in the usual place however both PC are that way.

On the one with the errors I  downloaded and installed the ITK. No joy.

How do I get this properly licensed?

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,223 Views)

If you're moving the files around, it sounds like you're trying to get around purchasing them.  Use NI License Manager to activate them if they were installed legally.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,197 Views)

Aren't you a peach. Accusing a person of softwaer piracy right out of the gate. Since you don't know anything about the Internet Tool Kit just STFU.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,156 Views)
Hi viper,

any license issues should be discussed with NI directly. What did they say?

It's you who need to stay polite: using shortcuts of certain 4-letter words isn't the way to discuss your problem! Please show images of the license manager on both computers!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,147 Views)

Hi GerdW,

This is what NI says. After reloading my project and pointing back to the  NI folders instead of my source controlled folders I works just fine. I am using the same S/N since I am retiring the old PC. Puzzeling why the location doesn't matter on the old machine but does on my new one. On the otehr had the old PC has LV10,11,12,13 pro dev system installed and the new one only has LV13 pro dev. Perhaps if I installed LV2010 and the tool kit then it wouldn't complain.

The License manager on the old PC Shows ITK for both LV2010,11 but not for LV12,13. On the new PC there is no ITK shown.

Thanks,

Norm

Message 5 of 5
(3,119 Views)