LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser can't load HyperTrend in a Remote Panel Application

I use the Remote Panel Function (LabVIEW6.1 + DSC6.1)to publish a Front Panel.
When I load the Front Panel with a Browser (IE6 or NS7) i can see all elements on the Front Panel except the HyperTrend.
I get an empty space where is written "Element could not be loaded".
This appears only on machines, where no LabVIEW is installed. (But of course the Run Time Engine 6.1)

What could be the reason?

Thanks for all help

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,755 Views)
Thomas,

I think you don't have the ActiveX control on your remote computer.
You might copy the hypertrend.dll from your DSC computer to the remote computer and run regsvr32 "c:\winnt\system32\hypertrend.dll" to register the activeX control.

With this you might see the ActiveX control in the Remote Front Panel.

However, I don't know exactly if you would see traces and if you could browse back to the remote database. For sure you would need as well Logos/Citadel services running on the remote computer to do that.

A good point about limitation of ActiveX controls in Remote Front Panel is menioned in : Why Doesn't My ActiveX Object Update In A Remote Panel?<
/a> and the link at the bottom of this one.

H...

Message 2 of 4
(2,755 Views)
Hallo Roland,

thank you for your help, but I couldn't solve the problem.
I installed logos.msi.
I copied HyperTrend.dll to c:\winnt\system32 (W2K)
I tried to register, but got the message :"procedure not found".
It's seems as if I would need more files.
(When I type regsvr32 "c:\winnt\system32\hypertrrrrrend.dll", I get the message "module not found", so I'm sure it's not a type error.
Any idea ?

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)
shouldn't it be with less rrrrrrr's?

Start >> Run , type regsvr32 and drag&drop the file hypertrend.dll to the little run window. This should result to
"regsvr32 C:\WINNT\system32\HyperTrend.dll"

In addtion you might load the hypertrend.dll into the dependency walker (tool from MSVC - or from http://www.dependencywalker.com/) With this tool you might figure out what components are still required.

Let us know
Roland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,755 Views)