LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I write a boolean to cFP-20xx using data publish.vi

I am using the data publish.vi to create read-only and read/write folders on my cFP-2020. I am able to publish any data type to my host program without a problem, and I am also able to write numeric values to the cFP. I cannot write boolean values to the cFP using the same procedure as when writing a double precision number. I have tried converting the boolean to (0,1) in the host program and then converting it back to boolean on the cFP and that does not work either.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,611 Views)
Do you mean "Publish Data.vi"? That VI must run embedded on a FieldPoint controller to set up data items accessible via the Logos server, which also runs on the FieldPoint controller. Once you've set up your data items, use Datasocket Write on our PC to update the data items. Datasocket requires that you specify a URL - in this case you'll need either "logos://computer_name/process/data_item_name" or "fieldpoint://computer_name/process/data_item_name". See Help for Datasocket Open for more details.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,611 Views)
I'm not sure what is going wrong for you but I put together a little example which I have attached. There is a VI that runs on the cFP and a VI that runs on the Host PC. Give that a try.

Regards,

JR A.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,611 Views)
This example did not work for me. If I change the data type to Double Precision, I can echo back the numbers, but the Boolean just does not work.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,611 Views)