LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving vi location

I have an application with many nested vi, some of these are in one folder and the others are in another folder. I'd like moving all the VIs in the same folder, how can I change the destination path of a sub-VI without manually re-linking them in the diagram?
Thank you, Massimo Ponte.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,516 Views)
one thing i do to avoid relinking is opening the main vi with references to the vi's you want to move. then open the subvi you want to move then do a "Save As..." to the new directory. links will be updated and you can just delete the old ones from their old locations.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,516 Views)
i also noticed this other post that tells what you want to do in maybe a better way (make sure to read other posts before immediately posting--chances are your question's been asked before)

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000EE580000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,516 Views)
Massimo,

You need to (1) do a "Save As..." operation on the VI with all of its parent VIs in memory, then (2) save the parent VIs, and finally (3) you will need to delete the old VI.

I have created a LabVIEW add-on which automates the last step of deleting the original VI. This add-on creates an option in your pull-down menu called File >> Move/Rename VI As... It will prompt you for the new name/location of your VI, it will save it to that location, and finally delete the original. Make sure that you have all the parent VIs in memory, so that they "see" their subVI being moved/saved to a new location and then save the parents afterward.

To install the attached tool, put the LLB file in the following location (You will have to crea
te the "wizard" folder, if there isn't already one there):

/wizard/Move_Rename_VI.llb

Good luck,

Jim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,516 Views)
Hi,

LabVIEW searches in the folder of a vi, then all the sub folders, and then
all the other folders that are in use. If you move all the sub vi's in one
folder, you'll only have to re-link to one. LabVIEW will find the rest. Of
cource, you need to delete the old locations, otherwise LV will use those.

Regards,

Wiebe.

"seica" wrote in message
news:506500000008000000447B0000-1042324653000@exchange.ni.com...
> I have an application with many nested vi, some of these are in one
> folder and the others are in another folder. I'd like moving all the
> VIs in the same folder, how can I change the destination path of a
> sub-VI without manually re-linking them in the diagram?
> Thank you, Massimo Ponte.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,516 Views)