From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Key (Multiple Lines) Help

Hello! Is it possible to read multiple lines using read key VI? I'm only reading the first line right now but it would be nice if I can view the first line's explanations too.

Please see attach. Thanks in advance.

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,563 Views)

Get inside the Read Key.vi. There you will find Get Key.vi. Get inside this vi. It has two outputs (excluding some others) - value and comment. But the vi itself returns only the value and the comment is left unused. Please check if that "comment" output is the "explanations" you need. If so, you could manually wire that output for your benefit. 

Remember to save the vi with a different name if you will edit it.

Message Edited by Giedrius.S on 02-11-2010 10:02 PM
---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,561 Views)
Thanks Gied!!!

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,557 Views)
You're welcome. But don't hurry too much, first check if that helps, because I can't guarantee that. I only provide an idea 🙂
---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,553 Views)