LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make front the panel transparent while certain control still visible?

I'm trying to make a countdown vi as attached. I want the whole thing to be transparent with only the number visible. However making the FP transparent means every controls/indicator will be transparent. So how to leave certain control/indicator unaffected? Or are there better ways to do it?

Thanks,

Lei 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(5,853 Views)
You can make a specific color in the front panel transparent if you don't mind making a call to the Windows API. I posted an example here, but I believe in that case it's using a constant for the color. You can get the details yourself by reading the function's documentation in the MSDN.

Wow, it works!

Andrey.

Message 3 of 24
(5,832 Views)

Hey Andrey,

Can you save it in 8.5?

Thanks,

Lei 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(5,823 Views)
saved for LV 8.5
Message 5 of 24
(5,814 Views)
Amazing! Though absolutely no ideal how it works! Never dealt with API so far. Need some research ...

Thank you both!
Lei 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(5,800 Views)
it really really amazing thing. so cool app. i just try to do this thing. thks "Andrey Dmitriev" for post it here.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(5,657 Views)

Andrey,

Can you attach it for lv 8.0?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(5,513 Views)

muks wrote:

Andrey,

Can you attach it for lv 8.0?

No, sorry, I haven't 8.2 on my PC for downgrade.

Here is the screenshot:

scr.png

The main idea is to make front panel completely white, and then using white as color key for transparency. 

Andrey.

Message 9 of 24
(5,506 Views)

Here's the VI in 8.0. For those who want an earlier version, you can just open the example in the thread I linked to earlier.

The input which is 00FFFFFF in the example is what the determines the transparency color. FFFFFF is white.