LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to receive data via tcp/ip data socket

Hi

i have system with labview 8.5. And one of my tcp/ip device is placed remotly. It's a modem to read data from plc using modbus protocol and send through sms, email, tcp/ip socket. its doing well. its has tcp/ip datasocket connection option(i.e.IP, port, username, password).

So i want to read data from modem. Will it possible to read data via labview data socket ?

Pls Help..... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,734 Views)

Hi bosski,

It should be possible to connect to it using LabVIEW.

Can you give more information? What type of modem do you use? What have you tried so far?

!Please open only one Thread per Topic!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,727 Views)

Hi Mike,

Its a gsm/gprs modem. it reads data using modbus protocol from modbus enabled devices (Like PLC, VFD, etc) And it send this data as Hexadecimal string via SMS, E-Mail and tcp/ip socket connection.  

i am going to place this modem in remote site, and receive the data from remote site via labview data socket.

After that i will insert the data into database.

i have no idea about data socket, but eager to learn.

'Sorry for the duplicate post' 

Thanks&Regards,

Bosski 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,719 Views)

Hi Mike,

Its a gsm/gprs modem. it reads data using modbus protocol from modbus enabled devices (Like PLC, VFD, etc) And it send this data as Hexadecimal string via SMS, E-Mail and tcp/ip socket connection.  

i am going to place this modem in remote site, and receive the data from remote site via labview data socket.

After that i will insert the data into database.

i have no idea about data socket, but eager to learn.

'Sorry for the duplicate post' 

Thanks&Regards,

Bosski

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,713 Views)

Hi Bosski,

which type of server is running on your device? Is it a TCP/IP Server? If yes, then you can also use the TCPIP function. Connect to the server and read and write data from/to it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,708 Views)

Hi Mike,

I think its not a server. it opens the tcp/ip port connection of given ip address

Options in modem,

IP address:

Port: 

username:

password: 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,706 Views)

Hi Bosski,

where can you now see the information like IP Address, port, ...? I think there is a tcp/ip server running, and you can connect to it. See the tcpip examples in the example finder. You can use the Client example to see what you need. Which information do you want to get over your tcpip connection?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,699 Views)

HI Mike,

(IP, Port, Username, password)--->I found in modem configuration window

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,697 Views)

Hi Bosski,

where is your configuration window, do you see it in the browser or is it a seperate program? Please also answer my other questions.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,691 Views)

HI Mike,

see the attachment for configuration window of modem.

'Which information do you want to get over your tcpip connection?'

i want to know whether i have to tci/ip or data socket ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,678 Views)