From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVER ERROR: Error starting compile step: Make sure a compatible version of Xilinx Tools is installed at the location specified in the LabVIEW FPGA installer

I have tried somwhat everything....

I have Labview 8.5.X and fpga module 8.6.... i'm able to use old bit files but if i make a change in the *.lvproj and go into a compile session then i get this "SERVER ERROR:  Error starting compile step: Make sure a compatible version of Xilinx Tools is installed at the location specified in the LabVIEW FPGA installer" compile error...

i have read through some "TROUBLESHOOTING" tips but that doesn't work... also please see attached screen shots for clarity on this issue.

the tips are to make sure the FPGA configure server is pointing to c:\NIFPGA86\clntTmp... and it is i've done it and nothing...???

please help me out... i'm i doing something not obviuos????

BTW i've upgraded from 8.0 to 8.2 to 8.5 and then to 8.6??? can these many upgrade cause and issue???

thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,627 Views)

Has it been about 30 days since you installed the newest LV?  I had a project that failed to compile because the temporary license on the compiler expired.  I had to activate the license, and everything was fine.  You might want to double check all your active licenses using NI License Manager.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,581 Views)

Hello,

I'm sorry you have come across this, we have seen this before, it seems to be an issue with an installation of OS and/or other software that conflicts with the Xilinx compile server installation.  This problem does not seem to be related to NI software, but that Xilinx compile server is conflicting with the software on some computers 

What you want check is that compiler path and the root build directory are set to \NIFPGA86\Xilinx and \NIFPGA86\srvrTmp respectively.

Next we can try to compile your VI remotely, I've attached a link below on how to do this. If you can compile remotely, then we know that issue is not due to your code and is now down to the Xilinx compiler.

Using the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Server (FPGA Module)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599C-01/lvfpgaconcepts/compiling_fpga_vis/

At this point, we can just remove and reinstall LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA module, the Xilinx compile server and reinstall NI RIO or try in on another computer.

Hope this helps,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,566 Views)

Thank you all for your response... to give you a little history i've bought this unit as a configured PXI chassis from NI and all was fine until i received the SSP update and then decide to update since I figure "WHAT THE HECK CAN GO WRONG" well this is what went wrong.... i dont see how installing the program on another computer is going to help since well the FPGA MODULE is a PXI one... i guess i forgot to mentioned that one... anyhow... i went ahead and uninstalled everything (LABVIEW realated) from that chassis and reinstalled it hopefully it will work i will keep you's posted. if you see any other way or help on this please express it on this thread thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,563 Views)
Well it no success on the reinstall... that is really bad???? i really need some help here now???
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,554 Views)

I've attached the build.prt and now i dont get compile errrors but rather this update xilinx error... this is getting fustrating

... also i dont get the *.lvbit file.....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,550 Views)

Hello CrukZ,

I just wanted to double check with you that you currently have a service request with another one of our engineers, Rob Klein? I had been under the impression that you called in about the Xilinx errors that we discussed in this forum, so I just wanted to make sure that is the case.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,415 Views)
That is correct Rob is helping me out and is very informative... thanks for your help ANNA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,413 Views)
I am experiencing the same errors here. I first had the error 1531 (Xilinx license has expired, though it hadn't), then I removed the FPGA module and deleted the FPGA86 folder, and reinstalled it. Then I got the error described above. I really don't know what else to try, any ideas are appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,303 Views)

What i ended up doing is removing any network configuration to our internal network and used the computer as a stand alone PC...

the error i believe that somehow this new upgrade messes up some configuration on the network and our IT people are blocking that access??? previous version worked fine but once i went to 8.5 and up i had this issue.... hope this helps.

in other words just use your exsisting PC as a single user not NETWORK user...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,293 Views)